how muck is a good humbucker pickup, thatll fit into a singlecoil size? in £ please

i like the look of seymour duncan hotrails, but couldnt find UK prices.
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
couldnt find any, thanks anyway.

any belfasters know how much it would cost in a place like the emporium or matchetts

Quote by CoreysMonster

^ the emporium's closing down, unfortunately, you won't be able to get them to order one.

I'd have thought the best bet is www.thomann.de . They're German, but their prices on Duncans and Dimarzios are a lot cheaper than here in the UK, and being in the EU, you won't have to pay customs, while shipping seems reasonably cheap (15 euro?), or free if you order over 300 euro (£200) worth of stuff.

what amp do you have, though, and what guitar? What tones are you after? I'm not a fan of the hot-rails, to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its a fender strat through a (dont laugh) marshall MG50

btw do you have prices for any half decent Pickups thatll fit a strat?

Quote by CoreysMonster

^ for what style of music? is that a mexican fender?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
After having played full-humbuckers for basically the whole of my guitar experience, I played through a guitar (Ibanez RG570) that this guy I work with owns, and it had a Hot Rails in the neck. Honestly, I didn't think that much of it. It's higher-output, yes, and it sounds a bit fuller, but it does not sound like a humbucker.
no
yeah, my friend has a mexican fender strat with a hotrails in the bridge and it sounds gross. thats the only way i can describe it.
its a US strat, i just find singlecoils very weak for what i plan to play (maiden etc), and my epi lp sounds great with its Pickups.

ive heard of stacked humbuckers, are these better?

Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by bucky_2300
After having played full-humbuckers for basically the whole of my guitar experience, I played through a guitar (Ibanez RG570) that this guy I work with owns, and it had a Hot Rails in the neck. Honestly, I didn't think that much of it. It's higher-output, yes, and it sounds a bit fuller, but it does not sound like a humbucker.

its not suposed to sound exactly like a Hb
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by permanentmarker
its a US strat, i just find singlecoils very weak for what i plan to play (maiden etc), and my epi lp sounds great with its Pickups.

there's a very good chance that your guitar is routed for humbuckers under the pickguard. Take off your pickguard, and if the holes are large enough to accommodate a full-sized humbucker, I'd seriously recommend doing that for the bridge position- all you need is to buy a new pickguard (and the humbucker, obviously). And if you don't like it, you should be able to put it back to stock pretty easily too (or if you want to sell it).

For the pickups, I'd seriously consider www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk and www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk since you're in the UK.

Your amp should be upgraded pretty much pronto, too, that's most of your sound, unfortunately.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by permanentmarker

ive heard of stacked humbuckers, are these better?

Maiden use Fender Strats mainly and they use Seymour Duncan Hot Rails
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
i dont wanna get stuff imported, cus im not exactly skilled with a soldering iron and too scared to **** about with my guitar, and ive had bad experiences with interweb orderings also, so im not keen on that way of buying

p.s. prices?

Quote by CoreysMonster

EDIT: to mechanixx: ^ yeah, but they don't use mg's...

also, any bridge humbucker tone will get you close enough. I mean, in their heyday, they were using super distortions (full size), far as I know.

EDIT: ^ if you aren't willing to order over the net, expect to pay between about £70 and £90 for a single duncan/dimarzio humbucker.

if you are, expect to pay about £50 from thomann, or £45 from swineshead, or £90 from bareknuckle (i vastly prefer swineys or BK's, though. Of course, that's my opinion).

EDIT AGAIN: a pickguard is normally around £10-£20.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 6, 2007,
thanks very much dave for your help, it is very appreciated

Quote by CoreysMonster

^ no problem, any time.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?