ok basicly i have a ibanez rga121 prestige with v8 and v7 pickups, i play heavy metal and thrash metal, would it be worth me getting a set of emg zw pickups? o ye i DO NOT want to hear about my amp, it is for practice perposes only. or should i just buy the wah wah pedal i want? the around the same price
ibanez rga121 ntf prestige
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Amp is more important, thats all im sayin

And if you really dig how EMGs sounds like, then yeah its worth it. But remember, you always have the choice of trying that Wah pedal 1st with your guitar and judge from there whether the V pickups held your preference.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
from what I hear, emg's don't fit in that guitar without a little routing.

also, you need to upgrade your amp, whether it's for practice or not. you can get low wattage practice amps that are a lot better-toned than yours, and I wouldn't fork out £180 for new pickups while still having that amp.

also, I'd consider an 85 in the bridge, that guitar is pretty bright- and maybe a 60 in the neck?

or else go with swineshead or bareknuckle.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you're probably confused with the RGA321F dave
RGA321F

RGA121

The RGA121 has better chance of accepting an EMG in it and if it doesnt, it may require a fair bit of sanding on the sides of the pickup holder on the EMG
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^ possibly, but I think I remember some threads on jemsite saying they didn't fit. Can't remember.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, actually they're designed to perfectly accept DiMarzios, well, you know how close DiMarzios and Ibanez are
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
you're probably confused with the RGA321F dave
RGA321F

RGA121

The RGA121 has better chance of accepting an EMG in it and if it doesnt, it may require a fair bit of sanding on the sides of the pickup holder on the EMG

ye iv talked to others with the same holes for the pickups, they say that emg's fit snugly (apart from u MAY need to slightly sand the edges of the emg's to make them rounder
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
hmm are dimarzios as good for metal? as emg's are?
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
EMGs are more superb, but i find that it strictly targets metal and the cleans are not as good as dimarzios. I prefer dimarzios since i shred and i prefer the 80s tone rather than grungy metal sounds.

But you could achieve quite good if not great, metal tones from dimarzios. Only that you'd need to have a good setup for it, like amps and pedals.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
ye i mean im only like 13 so my tastes in music MAY change lol, i do like alternative rock kinda stuf wid awsom solos, so i think dimarzios would be better tbh, coz there more versitile, i hear the d sonic is good, wat others?(i think the d sonic is for bridge, im not sure tho). but also how do they compare to seymore duncan?
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
I cant really comment since its tonal preference, you may like it and you may not. I suggest you go to their site and hear the clips yourself and judge from there. Better yet, if you can go to any GCs that have them, try them out and see which one you prefer.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
kk, gotta save up first :S god i hate spending money.. but love buying things
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
^ yeah, basically +1 on what mad said.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
New amp all the way, a set of EMG's would be £180 down the drain with your current setup. Pickups aren't as important as people seem to think, shedloads of pro's gig regularly with stock pickups - if the rest of your rig is spot on and you still have issues then's the time to look at pickups.

Plus, you're only 13...there's much better things you can be spending your limited funds on than pickups. Decent amp, a few good quality effects, decent cables, some recording gear - they're all more use to you than a set of pickups which would in all honesty only really be good for playground bragging rights.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Get a better amp, like everyone has been telling you to. I have a Marshall 15 watt and a Roland 30x and the Marshall sucks so much compaired to the Roland.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

ye but what amp though? bear in mind im into metal and only want a practice amp (15 watt is plenty or if tube 10 would be plenty)
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
A vox AD15VT/30 or a cube 30/60 would do you pretty good if you dont want any full tubes.

But tubes are the best, great tone, only that its quite expensive new. 2nd hand may vary in eBay n such.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic