For those of you that don't know, AOTM is the Acoustic Of The Month thread. A user picks an acoustic guitar (which they preferably own, though it's not necessary) and reviews it, thoroughly, and posts all its technical specifications and, optionally, pictures and sound recordings of the guitar.

AOTM slots will be given in a first come, first serve basis. If you want to do an AOTM, let me know in this thread. If you want, you can specify which month you would prefer, but it's not necessary.

New AOTM's must be posted within the first week (7 days) of the month they are designated for. Once posted, I will sticky them, of course.

Please send the finall copy of your AOTM to me a week before it is due, so that I may make sure it is adequate (I honestly doubt I'll have a problem with that) and have it for backup purposes.

The signup sheet, as it stands:

So far this is what I have:

January: Metalology
February: crystalh
March: MusicalMinority
April: DJaye
May: Anything Goes
June: Dreadnought
July: fru_rocks
August: jase_connor
September: Calum_Barrow
November: Will_Minus
December: leid_sepplin

And of course, AOTM's are open to everyone. Like your acoustic? Do it justice; give it an AOTM :snyper:

ATTN: Those that sign up, I'm counting on you. DO NOT sign up if you are not going to follow through with this small committment!
My God, it's full of stars!
okay im confused, is it like a "you submit your AOTM entry and its judged and a winner is picked" or just a "hey ill do this month." "okay go for it" kind of thing?

im not entering at the moment, just had a question. sorry if thats spam.
I'll do my 1971 Yamaha FG-150. Tell me a date and I'll do it.

I'll do it quite soon if you want, so if someone does drop out or fail to hand it in, I might be able to fill in for them.

EDIT: I won't be able to do August unless I submit it early, as around the end of July and the beginning of August I am at the World Scout Jamboree.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Last edited by Calum_Barrow at Mar 12, 2007,
ok guys, i'm going to take this over for a bit while jon is out. if you've signed up to do an AOTM thread, please read over the rules again. make sure you send me your review no later than a week before the first of the month you are signed up for. after i get the review, i'll respond to you and then just post the review and any pictures on the first of the applicable month. after the thread gets posted, i'll sticky it.

callum... if you would like, you can go ahead and do your 71 Yamaha for March since musicalminority hasn't submitted his/her AOTM thread. if you'd rather wait and do it later, september is all yours! just let me know.

fru_rocks and jase_connor - you have both been added. check the first post to see what month.
^ I'll wait till September, as I've got quite a bit of work to do at the moment, and I'll be a lot less busy over the summer hols.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Hey Dred and/or Jimtaka

Just letting you know I haven't forgotten of my commitment to do my AOTM April, I will do the same as 'crystalh", and post the thread within the first 2 days of the month, and you can sticky it if you want.

Main thing is that you know I haven't forgotten about it.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Mar 15, 2007,
Cheers

Jim,

If you're still looking for someone for March, I can write a review of my newly acquired 12-string at some point tonight and send it to you. Just let me know.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
^ do it, and just post the thread in the acoustic forum. It'll be good to see even if it doesn't get stickied.

EDIT: That haiku actually did make me laugh out loud

Ohh, there's still space left.
I'd like to do a review on my Norman B20 Folk.

EDIT: For November, I should have said.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Mar 18, 2007,
I'll sign up for december!

It is a 1995 YM-1 Alvarez-Yairi.
is that all you need for now? I'm already writing the actual thread!
MY GEAR-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Roland Cube 15
Alverez/Yairi 1995 YM-1
Ovation Celebrity
Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Big Muff USA Reissue

My myspace. Yeah. I know it sucks.
Can I do one on a floating pickup archtop? It's an acoustic instrument, just with a pickup bolted to the neck. It's meant to be played through an amp, but still.

Sign me up for January if that's a go.
^-- that's fine. i'll add you on as January in a few months when we start the 2008 thread!
I'm going to have to post mine on the 2nd, I've got a vocal recital and a birthday party on the first, plus at least one midterm.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
that's cool, thanks for the notice. please try to remember to pm me a copy of it this week before you post it also.
Who's doing May's AOTM jim?
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Alrighties, I'm back.

Since Jim's done a good job of keeping this sign-up going, I'm not going to change anything; I'll just be here to facilitate anything if need be

So yeah, this thread is now a joint-effort between me and Jim lol
Quote by DJaye
Who's doing May's AOTM jim?

FenderKid87 is signed up for May. I've spoken to him through PM's. It may be a day or two late, but it'll be up soon!

jon... good to have you back, of course!
MAY AOTM slot open!

anybody have a review ready or wanna write one? if you want to do it or have one ready, PM it to me and Dreadnought. one of us should respond rather quickly, and assuming everything is OK, you can post it then!
If someone would like to buy me a new guitar, I'd be more than happy to review it!

Gear:
sure thing. just let me paypal you a grand real fast..... very funny
May's AOTM will be done by Anything Goes and should be up no later than May 4th.
Any chance i could get an AOTM? i had one for november i think, but due to the lack of a computer for MANY months i couldnt post it. Ill take any AOTM that i can get.
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
thanks. i appreciate it.
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
I would like to review the Alhambra 9P Classical Guitar

for next year(or this year if a spot opens up). is that possible? can i sign up ahead
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Last edited by Csquared1001 at Jul 2, 2007,
^ He messaged me personally; he's going to have it up around the 4th, as that's when he gets back from vacation or something like that
Who's doing October?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
hmm... that's a good question! let me check with jon and get back to you.
Again: I'd be more than happy if someone would like to buy me a guitar to review....I played a Taylor 714 and like that a bit...or Martin OM would be very nice too.

Gear:
^-- yeah man. i saw the PM. i'll read over it later and get back to you.