This is an all tube amp isnt it?...how would it do for metal/blues/classic rock?

anyone know a price estimate?

would this be massive amounts better than a Roland Cube 60 to justify the extra price?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Thats in USD?

great, so buy the time i have to get one ordered and all that it will be like 1300 CAD. Worth it if i can get a decent amp that is everything i ever need i guess.

So, what about my other questions? It IS all tube right?...good for metal (Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Anthrax, Megadeth, Exodus type metal stuff), Classic Rock (Zeppelin, Rush..stuff like that), Blues like...any blues i guess George Thorogood, BB King etc.

?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

i got this amp like on laybye, it will be here next week, and yes it does all of them pretty well from what ive done on it, only thing thou u might need a pedal for thrash metal sort of stuff, for that i got a Zakk wylde Overdrive (might need a noisegate too), its class A tube, ive got the 212 version and its great, ull love it
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
It's a great blues/classic rock amp, but you WILL need a pedal for heavier metal. Other than that, excellent choice, get it!
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Alright, if i bought a pedal,Would it take away from the tone at all and make it sound like crap?

That sound clip sounds decent, not real heavy, but i guess thats what a pedal would be for..what paedal can you guys reccomend?

and this amp would be well worth over double the price of a Roland Cube 60?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
Alright, if i bought a pedal,Would it take away from the tone at all and make it sound like crap?

That sound clip sounds decent, not real heavy, but i guess thats what a pedal would be for..what paedal can you guys reccomend?

and this amp would be well worth over double the price of a Roland Cube 60?

Depending on the pedal, you may find some really nice tones - a lot of guitarists use pedals in their setups/to get the extra drive and distortion and get nice tones out of it, it will cost you extra though. I don't have much experience with that sort of pedals since I'm more of an amp gain person myself so no advice from me on that one.. As for if it's worth it or not, that'd be for you to decide. I'd say it is, but then again I have a tube halfstack in my bedroom.

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Well arent you lucky.

ive always used pedals since my SS amps distortion really sucks for metal...but the thing is, a Cube 60 would be like...500 or 600 CAD, and that Laney im guessing will be about 1200 because the shops around here are gay...and i dont gig (yet) and only have the occassional jam session at a friends house, so its not like i NEED to spend 1200 dollars on something, when i could spend 500 and get just what i need..

it would be better ifi could try these amps out, but once again, the shops around me suck and dont carry anything high end. by high end i mean anything over 400 dollars. you want that then you have ot special order it
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Well the way I see it, if you buy the cube now, and decide you want something bigger/better later on for say practices or gigs or whatever, you'll be essentially losing money on your cube purchace. With the Laney, it's more of a long-term investement since even if you do get a bigger, more powerful amp later on, it's still a great amp for anything softer than metal so you'll likely have use for it in the long run as well. And to be honest, I really disliked my cube so I'm quite anti-it now.

You're gonna have to crank it up pretty loud to get decent overdrive from it. It's not that great IMO. I tried one yesterday.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music