Page 1 of 2
I'm no big GNR fan myself, but a buddy of mine went to their last concert of the USA tour in LA, and said that Axl can sing again.
Now, I remember I saw boots of 2002 were his voice sounded like Mickey Mouse, so I went Youtubing (really should become a word soon) and his voice is awesome nowadays.

It's nice to see old rockstars improving for a change, whether you like the new band or not there's no denying that the man can sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3w0z2F_Lps&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzfABIMXpac&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIsGQ6twQHk&mode=related&search=

^^Ending scream on bottom one... geez.

Looks like I'm going to have to get my hands on Chinese Democracy when it comes out... if it does.
Couldnt sing in the first place
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Glad he lost the dreads
Sweet vocals. I'd go see 'em
Love nightrain.
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
That Nightrain is not of this world. Best live performance they've ever done. Ron Thal's solo runs in circles around Slash's... and I'm a Slash-fanboy.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
On the first one... He sounds like shit, and he has to work much harder to get to the highs.. Which really shows :s:
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
i thought his performance was really tiring. "Nightrain" that is. more annoying than anything else. and he still has the dreads. no no.
Ron Thal is a genius.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by moup
...and you can do better?

And why would that have any bearing on me criticizing him?

Can you kill jews as well as Hitler?
Good, but not great, he was better in the original G'N'R days.
Moonchild of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join

Quote by PinkIsCool
UG- The only place where a heartwarming moment can easily be turned into an act of homosexuality and incest.

No need to draw the jews into Axl's singing. But there is a point, I reckon that most music critics are tone deaf... but they review albums anyway.

So let's let everyone have their opinion.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Demon Wolf
No need to draw the jews into Axl's singing. But there is a point, I reckon that most music critics are tone deaf... but they review albums anyway.

So let's let everyone have their opinion.

Yer, leave the jews alone.
Quote by fronkpies
And why would that have any bearing on me criticizing him?

Can you kill jews as well as Hitler?

That was sheer brilliance!

Meh, I like his voice, but I hate how they're still called Guns N' Roses, because they aren't Guns N' Roses.

The original 5 were Guns N' Roses, this is Axl Rose and Friends.

I mean, when John Bonham died, Led Zeppelin didn't find a new drummer and stay Led Zeppelin, JPJ left and they were Plant & Page. It's ridiculous.

I don't care if Axl owns the right to the names or not, it's retarded.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Mr How

Looks like I'm going to have to get my hands on Chinese Democracy when it comes out... if it does.

Wait a couple years and it'll be there for you
Ballz On Parade
Part of the Emo Dies in 2007 club, PM DownInAHole. or cockzit to join
It has a tentative release date of March 6th. And there has NEVER been a set date before, just rumours of months, seasons...

So, we're progressing
Quote by Ichikurosaki
That first one sounded awful. Voice like sandpaper.

And there is no way a dude that sings like that should have dreads and a beard. Seriously Axl, go back to the straight-hair clean shaven look.
no
I can't stand his voice, now or then- most annoying thing on earth.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Yeah wait...wait...just wait....one day you'll see...
My Spanish Hearts
Quote by bucky_2300
That first one sounded awful. Voice like sandpaper.

And there is no way a dude that sings like that should have dreads and a beard. Seriously Axl, go back to the straight-hair clean shaven look.

Well, his voice has always resembled the sound of sandpaper. If his voice is the definition of sandpaper, sandpaper must sound good.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Its good to see Guns back even if its not the original members. Even with all this bullshit going around I hope the Chinese Democracy turns out good, we really need some good music in the mainstream nowadays.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I found this clip on Youtube today and remembered this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY37RetV4nA

The scream at 5.40 is amazing.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
i got Guns n Roses live in tokyo DVD '92 for christmas, and i think the nightrain here is much better than back in 92.

i mean, sure they could have had an off night then, but i would imagine if it wasn't one of their better performances, they wouldn't have released it.

maybe this time Axl feels he really has something to prove, and because of that he's doing his all to make their live show a killer.

p.s. Ron Thal is a genius. he sounds like he's influenced by 80's shred metal more than slash was.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Basing my opinion on absolutely nothing, I have a feeling Chinese Democracy will be huge.
I'M BRINGIN' SEXY BACK, YEAH!
that was a good performance is voice aint brilliant but never was in the first place in my opinion, was just kinda something different sounding, anywho still dont really like the bloke, shame that the original line up wont get back together, thatd be awesome
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
Quote by Hidde
Glad he lost the dreads
Sweet vocals. I'd go see 'em
Love nightrain.

His dreads are still there... they're just tied back.

I never like Axl's vocals, and I still don't.
Quote by Demon Wolf
That Nightrain is not of this world. Best live performance they've ever done. Ron Thal's solo runs in circles around Slash's... and I'm a Slash-fanboy.

Firstly, you seem to forget that Slash created this solo, therefore Thal is just trying to improve on something that never needed inproving in the first place.

He runs rings around Slash? Are you kidding? That solo was a flurry of notes over the original solo, but not even half as good. Eurgh, horrible.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
no way

i was expecting all of those videos to be really shit

i was wrong :| pretty dayam good for a tribute band
Pff, I prefer Axl's image now. He used to look like a complete gimp, he looks much more 'rock n roll' now. I've seen the new GnR live, and I thought they were staggeringly good. His voice is great, and the new band are brilliant.

Ron Thal > Slash, in all possible ways. And I think Slash is good.

However, the shadowed genius on the new band is Richard Fortus, he's simply brilliant. When I saw them I was expecting Thal or Finck to take the show. I was a fan of both those guys beforehand, but had never heard of Fortus - who is just amazing. His solo's were tasteful yet brilliant, his presence was great. This guy is one to watch

New GnR and Velver Revolver has proved one thing. You've all had it the wrong way round for years. Axl isn't nothing without Slash, it's the other way around.
Quote by Tom Martin
New GnR and Velver Revolver has proved one thing. You've all had it the wrong way round for years. Axl isn't nothing without Slash, it's the other way around.

I disagree. Look at Slash's Snakepit, Slash created some brilliant music within the project. Granted, VR are no where near as good as classic Guns, but they're definitely a hell of a lot better than the new Guns N Roses material.

All Axl does is play old GN'R songs which he only co-wrote and most of his new stuff is an embarrassment to the the Guns N' Roses name.

Yes, it's all subjective, but I think it's quite insane to say Slash is nothing without Axl.

Oh, and Tom, I've been meaning to tell you that I've been having a listen to your band and I think you're pretty good. Your singer has an amazing voice.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Firstly, you seem to forget that Slash created this solo, therefore Thal is just trying to improve on something that never needed inproving in the first place.

He runs rings around Slash? Are you kidding? That solo was a flurry of notes over the original solo, but not even half as good. Eurgh, horrible.

Well, we look at it different ways then. Sure, Slash's original solo is fantastic, but I think Thal really takes it to the next level. But each to their own I guess.

And the leaked GNR songs from Chinese Democracy are way better than any Velvet Revolver-song (Contraband was such a disappointment)

Slash's guitar riffs are nice and the solos too, but I can't effin stand Scott Weilands voice...

Found this... Welcome to The Jungle... intense...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqt76a9Q5EA&mode=related&search=
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Jan 30, 2007,
For one thing, you cannot say the new guitarist is better than slash. You could have Micheal Angelo Batio as the guitarist of GnR and he wouldn't be better than slash. He's Slash, enough said.

That said, this is not GnR, its Axle Rose's solo career(if you could call it that).

This album will either sell really really well, or more likely bomb like suicidal arab. The only way axle rose will ever regain my respect is if A) he put aside all the diferences he has with slash and the others and reform the complete band or B) grant velvet revolver the rights to the name gun's n roses, allowing them to rename themselves as such.
Last edited by DaveGilmour1189 at Jan 30, 2007,
I never really liked his voice, still dont
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Page 1 of 2