Well, I'm not much of a guitarist so I really don't know anything about them. I guess it's never been a priority to learn about them because I'm the vocalist for my band. I've got a problem now though. One guitarist left and instead of looking for another, I decided to just learn because I figured I could handle rthym guitar. Anyways, I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and love it but when it comes to singing and playing, the thing's weight starts to get to me. What would be the best guitar for me? I need something light but that sounds good for alternative/punk music. Any ideas?
Saddam got owned..
I dont know, the Les Paul seems very versatile. If the weight gets to be too much, adjust the strap higher.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
a strat. its lightweight and can handle that. make sure you get the humbucking kind cause the single coils are probably not what you a relooking for
Quote by $Guitarist$
I dont know, the Les Paul seems very versatile. If the weight gets to be too much, adjust the strap higher.

yeah thats pretty much wat i would do. or you could try sitting down on a stool every now and then ?
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Quote by Jakester
yeah thats pretty much wat i would do. or you could try sitting down on a stool every now and then ?

Well its not very punk to rock out while sitting down, you know? You can always look for another guitarist in the mean time if you need one. I know playing and singing is pretty hard.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
I thought my Les Paul was heavy at first too... But I got used to it, nowadays I think Strats are far too light. With my Les Paul, it feel like I'm actually holding something.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
just keep playing with it. New players always get tired of the weight. Dont wuss out and get a whole new guitar, if you like the sound and playability just get your shoulder used to the weight. Dont go overboard and play until it really hurts, but dont give up and it will get better.
I use a Fender Mexican Stratocaster. You can get some pretty diverse sounds out of it, and they are pretty light weight. They cost about $400 at Musician's Friend. Most of the time I use the bridge pickup for a good punk sound if i pair it with some distortion, or if you need a little heavier tone, use the neck or neck/middle pickup with lots of distortion for a more "metal" sound. hope this helps.