Are they pretty much just dumbed down EQs? Would it just be better to grab an EQ pedal, like a Fish n Chips rather than a LPB1? I was planning to build one, but then it looks like its just an extremely simple eq pedal
A Boost pedal is used to boost the signal to an amp, usually tube, to get natural tube saturation and break up at an earlier level. The LPB-1 was intended for use with a tube amp. It can be used as with an ss amp but all it does in that case is jump the volume and add sustain.

My suggestion for you would be to pick up the Fish and Chips EQ and the Electro Harmonix LPB-1. Neither one are that expensive and if you have a tube amp they may both be of great value to you.
Basically, what I needed it was simply to add some punch when it was time for one of us to solo.

Hey LuthierofTexas, how did your cab project go?
thats what the MXR M-133 micro amp is for
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
thats what the MXR M-133 micro amp is for

Oh, by the time I replied, I saw your messages, they weren't there when I clicked the reply button.
Quote by Charso
Basically, what I needed it was simply to add some punch when it was time for one of us to solo.

Hey LuthierofTexas, how did your cab project go?

Still waiting on a speaker. But when my mom found out I built one she got upset, and my birthday is coming up in a week. So I think she may have bought one for me. But if not I still have to wait for a speaker.
would a fish and chips overdrive a tube amp?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
would a fish and chips overdrive a tube amp?
I'd think it could, as you can boost the output...