i've finally done it.

i'm a guitarist, but i've been practicing slap a lot on my bass lately, and it ripped my finger open a week ago and it was really sore so i couldn't practice, and then today i had this really ugly callous so i've been playing a lot, and a few minutes ago when after i finished playing, i looked down at my fingers, and my index finger on my right hand was bleeding .
even though it was only one finger and not on my fretting hand, i'm very proud of myself now.

um..i don't know musical terms too well for guitar; when i'm playing slap, and you pull up the higher strings like G and let them slap against the neck, are you just supposed to use your index fingers, or you can you use your other fingers for that too?
Quote by frottage
i've finally done it.

i'm a guitarist, but i've been practicing slap a lot on my bass lately, and it ripped my finger open a week ago and it was really sore so i couldn't practice, and then today i had this really ugly callous so i've been playing a lot, and a few minutes ago when after i finished playing, i looked down at my fingers, and my index finger on my right hand was bleeding .
even though it was only one finger and not on my fretting hand, i'm very proud of myself now.

um..i don't know musical terms too well for guitar; when i'm playing slap, and you pull up the higher strings like G and let them slap against the neck, are you just supposed to use your index fingers, or you can you use your other fingers for that too?

Sounds like you're popping, not slapping. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't matter what fingers you use, as long as you do it right.
<Han> I love Hitler
back in my bass days, while we were playing a show, at the finale-thing I just started punching the rickenbacker realllllly hard and my hand was covered in a good amount of blood, there's still some blood spots on the pickups, pretty cool
LISTEN TO MONSTER MAGNET
Quote by I_am_bored
back in my bass days, while we were playing a show, at the finale-thing I just started punching the rickenbacker realllllly hard and my hand was covered in a good amount of blood, there's still some blood spots on the pickups, pretty cool

that's sweet. my guitar is white, and i always wanted to have my fingers bleed and then drip blood on the guitar while i'm playing and leave it, but my fingers are calloused so i guess that can never be. my sister told me you can get callouses off instantly by pouring water on pumice rock or whatever and rubbing it on your fingers? idk.

Quote by HaKattack
Sounds like you're popping, not slapping. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't matter what fingers you use, as long as you do it right.

well i pop the G and the D, but i slap the E and attempt to slap the A. i have no clue what i'm doing, but it sounds sweet.
Quote by frottage

well i pop the G and the D, but i slap the E and attempt to slap the A. i have no clue what i'm doing, but it sounds sweet.

So you don't actually slap, you just noob out. Slaps and pops make totally different sounds. You should be able to do both attacks on each string. If you find it hard to sound the other strings with your slap, focus on holding your thumb horizontally and
take accuracy into account instead of just wildly smacking your precious digits on the strings.