Hi, I have the Danelectro FAB Flanger and Metal pedals, and I've noticed they've been eating up 9 volts like crazy. I'm trying to figure out why my power supply won't work. Here are the specs of the pedal.

First it says "Battery power on when cord is in IN jack."

9VDC Power supply, 300 mA max, then it says "center negative."

Then the diagram thing looks like this. (From left to right)

It's a + then a line, then a parenthesis (the one that you get when you do Shift and 9) then line with a dot connected on the end of the left side, then a - (negative sign)

Now here's the specs of the power supply. (This is a Uniden phone supply.)

Input: AC 120V 60Hz 4W

Output: DC 9V 210mA

Here's the diagram.

First there's a - then a line connect to another parenthesis (the one when you push 9) then another line, then a +

When I plug the supply into the pedal, and connect it up to the amp, I get a loud buzzing noise, and you can't hear the guitar. The volume is up, and everything, I'm not an idiot. When I unplug the supply, there is no sound at all. (There's not battery in it either) Should I keep checking all my power supplies that I have, or should I buy the one made by danelectro? Thanks for all your help.

BTW I'm only 13. (14 in 4 days!
You gotta have the polarities the same, the power supply AND pedal have to have the dot in the middle correspond to the negative sign. You also may not be getting enough current. It says 300 max, but you might not be getting enough.
i think 4W is not enough.
let me check how much a normal GUITAR adapter runs at. dont use a phone supply.
k a BOSS effect pedal adapter runs at 9W.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
happy birthday. the power supply might be different polarity as compared to the pedal.
you can take that pedal into a radio shack or similar for a compatable power plug.
but i actually suggest a 1 spot adapter and a daisy chain. u can chain about 6 pedals together for about $30USD.

let me find a site with the picures, to show u. hang on...

oh wait that's a power supply for ur phone? no man. you need to pick up another power supply.

and if u pull out the input guitar cable from ur pedal when ur not using it, it wont kill the battery
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
lol Yea I was desperate enough to use a phone supply I was thinkin about just pickin this baby up. CLICK

Thanks for the happy b-day
Definatly buy a daisy chain adapter. got mine for $40 by Godlyke at musician's friend, and it works for most(if not all) pedals, including my danelectro fab chorus, so i imagine it would fork for yours too. happy birthday =)

p.s. Danzig, the Kurt Cobain-Dragonforce thing, i absolutly agree. Nirvana ROCKS!
Quote by jimbo09

p.s. Danzig, the Kurt Cobain-Dragonforce thing, i absolutly agree. Nirvana ROCKS!

thank you.

plus i really hate dragonforce.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
^^DF would make cobains head whole again. . .
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
I have the Fab Metal pedal and i use an adapter with these specifications:

Panasonic
Class 2 power supply
INPUT: 120V 60Hz 60mA
OUTPUT: 9V 300mA
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS