How long would a typical set list be for huge parties/mixers/ and that kinda stuff be. My band is starting to get interested in a bit of gigging and were really interested in playing at things like mixers. How long would a typical set list be for this? We have all been playing for awhile and we have some pretty long straight jam sessions, no real breaks or anything which typically can go from anywhere to an hour and a half to 4 hours. Opinions?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

As long as they let you play
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
oh beleive me, i could go for days at a time
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Until you die from starvation and thirst.

A 9 day gig sounds kinda cool, though.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
is ur avatar from "A Hard Day's Night" film?
when they all play cards in the train?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
if your playing with a bunch of other bands your setlist should be a little under an hour, but i doesnt hurt to prepare more than that
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
for a party i really wouldn't go more than an hour. if u play too long your risk people getting bored of ur music.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
no there wouldnt be any other bands, and i was also wondering about encores, i mean i hope everyone will enjoy us but the problem is ive never been to an amateur bands gig so i wouldnt know about this. Do you go out for an encore only if there just pleading you to come back or do u just go out for a few more songs regardless (well unless of course there booing you lol). Cause i would hate to waste the songs we were plannign for the encore. we are gonna do the abbey road medley (she came in through the bathroom window all the way to the end of the album)
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

a new level had it right. i would suggest no more than 1.5hours. condense it into an awesome set
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Make it into an hour and do an encore if you can tell people really like you. If you have to question then don't. You'll probably get better responses in bandleading
as long as you can, i know whenever my band plays a standard set we always have way more material we want to play
all depends on your fanbase if you have one

i would say half an hour to a hour for your first gig, be sound if do have jam's inbetween songs..but only do it if the whole band is tight otherwise it can sound a mess to a listener.
usually when we play at parties we play until we can't play anymore, when people are partying they don't want the music to stop.

but it also depends on if you are playing outside or not, and if you are playing inside make sure you have a lot of room.
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
How long would a typical set list be for huge parties/mixers/ and that kinda stuff be. My band is starting to get interested in a bit of gigging and were really interested in playing at things like mixers. How long would a typical set list be for this? We have all been playing for awhile and we have some pretty long straight jam sessions, no real breaks or anything which typically can go from anywhere to an hour and a half to 4 hours. Opinions?

When you say "huge" parties, how many people (more or less) do you mean?
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."