Hey,

I bought my Traynor YCV40 used about 4 months ago (it was from a credible retailer). I was playing it today, and I noticed that the Clean channel occasionally flicks off for a fraction of a second. That is, the power light stays on, but LED indicating the clean channel is on flicks off for a second, and there's an audible click that can be heard through the amp.

As the amp was used, I have no way of knowing the age of condition of the tubes in the amp, is it possible this is the problem, or could it be something bigger?
Quote by Macank
^^ strat? i want to get a stratocaster sound though!!

Fender Classic 60's Strat
Yamaha AES 720 (On the way!!!)
Ibanez GAX 30
Traynor YCV 40
Boss DS-1
EHX Big Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Ibanez CF-7
Ibanez DE-7
^ I agree. Most of the time with tube amps, if a problem develops it means bad tubes.
Hi, I'm Peter
Preamp or power tubes or both?
Quote by Macank

Ibanez GAX 30
Traynor YCV 40
Boss DS-1
EHX Big Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Ibanez CF-7
Ibanez DE-7
If your channel LED is blinking out, it's your preamp tube. You should, though, just retube the whole thing since you probably don't know how old the tubes are. It's good to start over at square one when it comes to such things.
Hi, I'm Peter
Ok then, next question, anyone have any experence changing preamp tubes on one of these traynors? Looking at the amp they appear to be behind a peice of wood, and not easy to get at
Quote by Macank

Ibanez GAX 30
Traynor YCV 40
Boss DS-1
EHX Big Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Ibanez CF-7
Ibanez DE-7