Hi, i own a fender american deluxe strat and i bought it brand new about a little over a year ago. my problem is that all the screws have rusted, the bridge is in perfect condition but the pickup selector, input jack and some of the tuners got rusted and crappy, the thing is whenever im not playing it, its in its case. i take it 45 minutes every week to lessons but i never have left it in the trunk or anything. i cant figure out why all my hardware is rusting. does anybody else have any experience with a this kinda thing? if i get the hardware replaced how do i keep it from rusting like they do in the stores. btw i live in new hampshire and the weather isn't always kind. thanks in advance.
I think therefore I shred.

My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez VBT700
Fernandes Vertigo Elite
Ovation Celebrity Deluxe
Digitech GNX 4
how the heck does it get that rusted in a year? do you play underwater? you must have a leaky pipe in your room, or an extremely damp room. honestly, it there is as much rust as you tell us, then you are really bad at taking care of your guitar.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
no, im dead serious i take care of it like its my baby, and theres not a hint of rust on the bridge or any of the saddles its just weird that the screws rusted and theres a little on the pickup selector already, and does anyone have helpful advice?

My Gear:
Ibanez VBT700
Fernandes Vertigo Elite
Ovation Celebrity Deluxe
Digitech GNX 4
Change those if they bother you and get a dehumidifier.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I think the store you bought it from ripped some hardware out and replaced it with generic crap, replace the hardware and keep some bags of silica gel in the case.
Quote by lithiumftw
i am actually lolling right now!!! lmao!

After 1 and a half long years, someone laughed at one of my posts.

F*CK YEAH
Think about it ... strats look hot when they have all that nasty messed up crap on it.
Sent from my iPad.
If nothing else works, they make devices that regulate the humdidity in a guitar case to prevent your situation. One came with my Epi acoustic. You don't even have to do anything with it, just leave it in the case.
yea
now beat up ur strat like stevie ray vaughan
that would be even hotter
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
try using rust remover oil or normal oil and rub it on the rusted parts most of the rust will come out .. also DONT PUT U'RE AXE directly under air-con will f*cking kill it
Get some of those silica pack things from a camera store and put in the case, they absorb any moisture thats kicking around
You have a deluxe strat and play 45 mins a week!!!!! OH MY GOD WHAT A WASTE!!!!! And the silica gel thing is a great idea
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
no, the only time i take my guitar outside is back and forth to lessons, and its about 45 minute drive. and new hampshire weather is crazy, thats what i meant. i play 2-3 hours everyday

My Gear:
Ibanez VBT700
Fernandes Vertigo Elite
Ovation Celebrity Deluxe
Digitech GNX 4