"Tool is Nu Metal"
discuss

EDIT: my opinion TOOL KICKS ASS and lolz
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
Last edited by Strat_Player at Jan 6, 2007,
Quote by stepco12345
Threadstarter is t3h gheyzorzz!

Discuss.

*REPORTED*

~stepco

your reporting this because you don't like this thread? That makes sense... Are you one of those people that think Tool is Disco?
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
tool is alternative/progressive
go away
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
Quote by matt47569
tool is alternative/progressive
go away

How do you explain the detuned guitars? trademark of Nu Metal bands...
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Tool is in fact "munge", which is a mix of progressive rock, Bulgarian folk metal, rock ’n’ roll, ’80s disco and Christian rap.

To the guy above me: They play with the low E tuned to D. What the hell are you talking about.
Quote by myself101

Haha, its a joke. MJK told that to a reporter, I read it on wiki.

And to TS: Nu metal bands usually play in drop C or lower...Tool only plays with the low E tuned down. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
Not to flame, but I hate threads like this. I can't stand when someone posts says like two words or just simply writes about some current event and says "Discuss". I think if you want to start a thread you should have to put your own opinion in there. And the last word can't be "Discuss". It's like the thread starter wants to throw two chickens in a pen and see a ****-fight, but no chickens are going to fight if you say "Discuss". Say something extreme so people will disagree or agree with you. Anyways, I've made my peace.

(^^^Those rules should be in "The Pit Rules and FAQ"^^^)

So basically, you didnt bang a girl, because she was shocked how small it was.
Lolz @ j00 and your tiny p3n1s.

I *heart* Metal ----Violent J----
Quote by AlexInChains
Haha, its a joke. MJK told that to a reporter, I read it on wiki.

And to TS: Nu metal bands usually play in drop C or lower...Tool only plays with the low E tuned down. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

I honestly dont beleive tool is Nu metal at all... but i got into a discussion at school about how tool could be mistaken as nu metal... thus its an inside joke to say tool is Nu metal or disco... however i made this thread to see how many people actualy think tool is Nu metal
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Quote by violent.j.11
Not to flame, but I hate threads like this. I can't stand when someone posts says like two words or just simply writes about some current event and says "Discuss". I think if you want to start a thread you should have to put your own opinion in there. And the last word can't be "Discuss". It's like the thread starter wants to throw two chickens in a pen and see a ****-fight, but no chickens are going to fight if you say "Discuss". Say something extreme so people will disagree or agree with you. Anyways, I've made my peace.

Fine i'll edit my opinion into it
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Tool are a band that should never be labeled as anything.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by Patches McGee
Tool are a band that should never be labeled as anything.

except for disco? right?
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
I dont think tool really fit a label honestly. Their one of a few bands I can say transcend labels.
Progressive is closest, but still not quite on.
Their like an alternative metal act that incorperates world music idea's, techno and abstract non harmonic idea's.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by violent.j.11

I do that
It's progressive music for people who don't 'get' real progressive music. Their drummer should also be hanged - Lars Ulrich is better at this point, and that's saying alot.
Sure they have a genre. It's called "Tool" and it's full of all their music.

Solved that problem. Couldn't be Nu Metal, since that's what Korn is and....Korn sucks.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan