Hey guys I need help on what to do with this guitar...

This is what it looks like - The action

If you look at it, and notice, the action on the very very first frets (1-8) are very low and as you get higher towards the body, the action gets high.

I tried everything I could, adjusted the bridge as high as I can to get rid of the fret buzz but it still remains there.

Could the problem be due to the "NUT" being too low? Should I change the nut on this guitar to raise the action and actually level the action through the entire guitar? If so how much will I expect to pay for it getting change and is it going to ruin the guitar I have?

I love this guitar, and want to keep it forever, but I just dont like the fret buzz.

Thanks in advance. Need any comments or anything will be welcome
That is normal since your neck is bowing, you cant get them perfectly straight, it'll just buzz the hell out of your 1st-2nd fret. However, if you find it too high, then you should probably lower your action or make some adjustments to the truss rod (which you dont want to do coz you said you were scared)
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
That is normal since your neck is bowing, you cant get them perfectly straight, it'll just buzz the hell out of your 1st-2nd fret. However, if you find it too high, then you should probably lower your action or make some adjustments to the truss rod (which you dont want to do coz you said you were scared)

Well I dont know how haha. But, the neck seems straight though. Can't I just like change the height of the nut or is that not possible? Change the height to even it out.
There is nothing wrong with your nut, why are you so sceptical that that's causing you the trouble?

It is the nature of the neck to bow a little, it cant be completely straight. Its normal to have low action on the 1st fret and higher on the end.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
does that mean i have no more hope *sobs* I don't even know what the truss rod will do hehe, I think it keeps the neck from bending or something but hm.... I don't know if i should mess with it.
Take it to a tech for a full setup if you want to.

What gauge of string a re you using btw?
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
there's probably nothing wrong with your nut. the action at the first fret is supposed to be substantially lower than that at say the 13th fret. Just take your guitar to a tech and have him do a truss rod adjustment, and then an action adjustment after that. If your strings still buzz on the first few frets after that, then you need to change your nut. And if you are getting buzz on, say, the 7th or 8th fret, your nut has nothing to do with that.

Your neck shouldn't be perfectly straight. It needs a bit of a bow. Just take it to a tech.
Adjusting the truss rod without knowing what you're doing = no more guitar. It costs almost as much as a new guitar for a new truss rod. Thats why just trust an experienced tech to take care of it for you.

EDIT: a truss rod controls the amount of bow in your neck. A small amount of bow in your neck is required for notes to sound and sustain cleanly.
ok, thanks guys. Ill have to do that on monday I guess and Ill have to find out how much it will cost. Maybe if i would have gotten the warranty from guitar center it would cover that im not sure hehe.
Oh ye, the string size i think is 10 which is what it came with. I might change it to 9's when I have them adjust the truss rod and let them change it to 9's or something. Isn't 9's good? Hehe, I play music like The Fray and stuff like that, what gauge should I put on the guitar?