I'm wondering and debating whether I should have gotten the warranty for only $20.00 at Guitar Center or not. I don't know if it was going to be worth it or not. What do you guys think? I can still get it since I have 30 days to get the warranty.
If that includes the check-up and adjustment of your guitar take it.
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
What type of guitar is it and how much did you pay for it?

Warranties are all very different, and often seen as a scam. For 20 bucks, I would probably just buy it for the sake of having peace of mind. But that depends on what type of warranty it is and how long it lasts.

My favorite is the Traynor warranties ("Even if you break it yourself!").
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
no
cuz warranties go out when u mod ur guitar.
i got a warranty on mine and shit man i modded my guitar
so the warranty don't work -.-
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
this yamaha guitar only cost me $200.00 as it was on clearance. Though thinking about it, the warranty cost 10% of the actual guitar. I dont know what kind of things Guitar Center covers on their warranties which was why I didnt get it. They said it does not cover abuse, only like um... manufacturer fault and stuff like that.
i got my warranty at guitar center.
they also asked me a warranty for my dunlop crybaby
i said "hell no"
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
take it, then have a guitar check to make use of it. if you can still buy the warranty before you go up a gig or a battle of da bands, take it, then swing your guitar a couple of times, then slam it to the floor when you finish your last song,, thats worth the warranty.
Helow! I'm just new here... a left-handed guitarist.... idolizes Zacky Vengeance of A7X....
in almost every case NO.

there is nothing that would need to be fixed on a guitar that wouldnt cost more than the usualy warranty.
switch $10 + labor.
Pot $10 + labor
pickups usually just a loose wire. labor.

if the neck is broken and u did it, they wont cover the repair.
if it's broken from factory, then ull know before the 30 day return.
that's true of almost any broken part from the factory. (is ur input jack tight? does it have a grounding hum noise? do the pots crackle when u turn them? does the guitar hold its tune?)

if it's a $20 set up charge. and u think the guitar u just bought needs a set up. and dont want to do it urself. then that's a fair price.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^actually, that's part of the problem. people toss an extra 20 or 40 at the store, thinking, ok now im covered if anything goes wrong.
but if it's like alot of "protection plans", it doesnt cover anything that will actually help, and even if it did, might need to be shipped out for service.

it's much smarter to look into the deal rather then handing over money for no reason.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
People often don't realise what they're legally entitled to just by purchasing a product.
I'd second Jenny...

I don't really want to go about those warranties...
and most of the other problems are easily fixable by yourself...
(IE loose wires and jacks)