So tonight, as I was browsing the web, I have been searching desperatley for some Rites of Spring or Husker Du merch. Then, the idea hit me..

Why not just make it myself?

So I made a mock-up of a Rites of Spring T-shirt (based on the album cover).
I took a tiny picture of the cover, and blew it up to an insane resolution and began sharpening and touching up like crazy. I made various resizes and touch-ups, and here is the final product:
(Ignore the stupid little orange frog for the tag, it was the first thing that looked suitable under "black T shirt" in google image search.)
(Also, note that I'm probably gonna do some re-sizing to the logo/text so it fills up the shirt better. Also, the real image is MUCH more high resolution then this)

Anyone make homemade T-shirts, whether with pen or had them printed?
I'm having this one printed at the local shop.

EDIT: Final size logo.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Last edited by rafarquhar at Jan 7, 2007,
ive done it befor you buy a special paper for your printer, and like iron it on or something like that.

its pretty kewl
EMO!

They're an old emo band yer??

Pretty cool seeing as they probably don't have any more merch....nice job. Oh yeah, I hate black shirts too.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
EMO!

They're an old emo band yer??

Pretty cool seeing as they probably don't have any more merch....nice job. Oh yeah, I hate black shirts too.

Yeah, they're a classic emo band.

I'm going to be honest, I'm pretty sick of wearing so many black shirts too. I might invert the color, and put it on a light brown, dark green, or even a white shirt.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
I make a lot of my own shirts, actually, but I use fabric paint.

It comes in small bottles and you can find it at just about any 'arts and crafts' store or the like.

I get blank shirts from a place around here called the 'Rag Shop,' it's a franchise, so look for one? They only cost 4 dollars and come in tons of colors.

Doing something like a logo, you'll have to print it on, but the iron-on paper you can buy from Office Depot isn't exactly high quality. :P

There are a couple online services that let you order shirts with your own design, but I don't have any on hand. Search around a bit?

By the way, excellent choice for a shirt. Rites Of Spring are one of my favorite bands. :] As well as ATDI---I actually ended up making a shirt bearing their name. :]
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
Quote by mrFood
I make a lot of my own shirts, actually, but I use fabric paint.

It comes in small bottles and you can find it at just about any 'arts and crafts' store or the like.

I get blank shirts from a place around here called the 'Rag Shop,' it's a franchise, so look for one? They only cost 4 dollars and come in tons of colors.

Doing something like a logo, you'll have to print it on, but the iron-on paper you can buy from Office Depot isn't exactly high quality. :P

There are a couple online services that let you order shirts with your own design, but I don't have any on hand. Search around a bit?

By the way, excellent choice for a shirt. Rites Of Spring are one of my favorite bands. :] As well as ATDI---I actually ended up making a shirt bearing their name. :]

Gotta love ATDI.
I might make a shirt from them, but a friend of mine gave me an ATDI shirt for my birthday, and I have yet to discover where he found it.

To print it, I'm going to go to the T-shirt shop in the next town over, and ask if they do any printing. I have tons of different images of the design, from the shirt mockup to the design itself. I can't wait.

If I do make a second shirt, it's probably going to be for Hüsker Dü.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
I want that shirt.

I could send you the base image that you would use to print on a T-shirt.
Want it?
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet