Page 1 of 6
So,
heres the thing

I dont have any girls in my life, nor do i have any friends, i have a few, but not as much as I wish i had.
ive always felt like a loner/outcast, i have a lot of personal guilt

and to boot, im an ugly ass mother****er

and noone likes an ugly dude

but thats ok, because, Playing the guitar, having something im actually good at ( i think ) something that i couldnt **** up, it offset all the problems

but, now, as I have a nerve injury, or something, ulnar tunnel syndrome ( RSI )

i have to stop playing guitar for at least a month, maybe mroe, and theres a chance i may never be able to play again

so , seeing as I cant play guitar, i have nothing to make my problems go to the back of my mind,
and ive been sitting here for the past few hours sad,depressed, and pissed off, and I finally decided Id tell you folks about it

*sprays acme flameproof spray around myself
Last edited by vivalasoad883 at Jan 7, 2007,
Just one question first, if you shouldn't be playing guitar, should you really be typing?

And that sucks. Maybe use the extra time to try to be more social?

EDIT: Don't worry, I'm an ugly ****, too:

Last edited by hardrock1315 at Jan 7, 2007,
sure?

EDIT: oh shit, that does suck.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Last edited by soccerdude3465 at Jan 7, 2007,
If you can type, surely you can write.

Write something.
Draw something.
Make your own T-shirt.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
world sucks, you look old enough to be going to college soon. maybe just tough it out til then. Otherwise, put all of your time into something (guitar, homework, working out) to take your mind off of it.
dude i have seen soooo many people uglier than you. Does this RSI thing stop you from playing drums? Cos you could take it up - there are never enough drummers in the world, and they are assured of all the fat chicks they want!
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
If you cant make music, just listen to it... Smoke a joint and listen to Blood Mountain
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
make some friends, find other ppl who have RSI and get a support group...
or you can always try Jesus, He worked for me...
smoke weed. i had friends before but i met so many ppl when i started smoking weed. and its fun.
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
It doesnt matter if you are ass ugly. Looks should NOT decide how good of a friend you are and how people treat you. And you dont need women. Thats a joke. Sure lady friends are nice, but you dont need a girlfriend. High school relationships are way overrated. Just be outgoing and do your best in school and what not.

Im very sorry to hear about that nerve problem, as I dont know what I would do without guitar. But just have faith, and everything will turn around.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by WrongWay
world sucks, you look old enough to be going to college soon. maybe just tough it out til then. Otherwise, put all of your time into something (guitar, homework, working out) to take your mind off of it.

Errrr....? Isn't that the point of this thread?
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
How did you get the injury?
"Member of the Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
Comander of the silly sausage army pm me or KCGIG1 to join!

My gear:

Electric: Mexican Fender stratocaster
Acoustic: navaro
amp: Fender frontman 15G
Talk to more people. They're easier to get along with than you might suspect.

Also, this might be kind of surprising, but a lot of girls out there really don't care what you look like. And you aren't that bad of a guy either.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
aww, im sorry man. i can relate to how you feel- i had few friends in high school, no boyfriends.. itll get better, dont worry.

and i wouldnt say youre ugly. just hang in there man

EDIT: and as some guy said, high school relationships are completely overrated. wait 'till college, everything changes then. and itll come before you know it.
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
Last edited by popapez at Jan 7, 2007,
just find another hobby, like photography or become a band manager. skating is good too.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
ok heres what you do, grow out your hair to about shoulder length, and i can see that you shave so grow out a goatee, and the girls will come a running
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by demonhunter2
make some friends, find other ppl who have RSI and get a support group...

and hes not the only guy that jesus has helped
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
You're far from the "ugly" section (note: I'm completely heterosexual), you're actually pretty average.

And on the RSI...yea, that would suck. But serious, like have said, if you can type, you can draw, or design something, or drum.

Something to keep you entertained.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
try praying god telling him all your sins... start with the one you feel the most guilty about, then go for the less important ones... he'll start listening to you and he might do alot for you because there's a god on here, and he does care about you... After you'll have repented most of your sins try asking him for some things you really want but remember you have to be really honest with him for everything you say... trust me he'll hear you... you see I started doing it and so far I got the things I really wanted... here's an exemple: I wanted to see the mtv goes gold so much that I asked him if I could see it(and there was like no way I could see MTV goes gold)... I had like a million of sins to get repented. SOO once I repented a few sins, at like 11:45PM on december 31st I opened the TV... searched on a few channel and BOOOM MTV goes gold!!!!! I was like OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! Try it... you just feel better when you repent sins...

edit: you can ask god whatever you want as long as it's a good thing he'll give it to you someday look... if you want you can think about god like if it was like in the matrix and that he was the one who could read the matrix perfectly and that he is hidding on the other side of it waiting for you to tell you your stuff
Last edited by Emperor of Hell at Jan 7, 2007,
Quote by demonhunter2

or you can stick your head up your ass, same dif
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
If you cant make music, just listen to it... Smoke a joint and listen to Blood Mountain

Amen!
Quote by Sagdiyev
This man's an anal masturbator, he knows what he's talking about.
Are you still in school? It may be hard if you're sort of an outcast, or you're picked on. Either way, just find a hobby to keep you occupied until then. Or just chill out and relax.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket mate. With your indefinite guitar hiatus you have all the more motivation to explore other parts of your life. There are people out there that'll like your personality, just look a little harder. People pick up self-loathing vibes and they're turned off by it. Your diagnosis is a blow, but there are people living with worse you dig?

Heh, and using guitar as a coping mechanism only works for so long. Try sitting down and thinking about the big picture and reflecting on if your problems are really as big as you make them. More importantly, realize some of the things your described definitely have solutions. Even making one thing better would put you in better shape right?

Always look on the bright side of life. :-p
Grow a goatee and grow your hair. I do it, minus the goatee, and I am one sexy mother****er.
Quote by MightyAl
Babies are simply there to remind you that sex isn't always consequence-free fun. The bastards.
Look man think about theres people who can be more fuked up that you. So cheer up go outside stop being an outcast, listen to some music meet some girls and you will see you will do just fine.
Quote by Emperor of Hell
try praying god telling him all your sins... start with the one you feel the most guilty about, then go for the less important ones... he'll start listening to you and he might do alot for you because there's a god on here, and he does care about you... After you'll have repented most of your sins try asking him for some things you really want but remember you have to be really honest with him for everything you say... trust me he'll hear you... you see I started doing it and so far I got the things I really wanted... here's an exemple: I wanted to see the mtv goes gold so much that I asked him if I could see it(and there was like no way I could see MTV goes gold)... I had like a million of sins to get repented. SOO once I repented a few sins, at like 11:45PM on december 31st I opened the TV... searched on a few channel and BOOOM MTV goes gold!!!!! I was like OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! Try it... you just feel better when you repent sins...

edit: you can ask god whatever you want as long as it's a good thing he'll give it to you someday

Not to rag on God dude, but I was asked to pray to Jesus and see what happens. This guy says "Mark, pray to Jesus, ask him for forgiveness, and wait for something good to happen, reallllly soon buddy"

This was 6 monthes ago, and I'm still waiting.
Quote by MightyAl
Babies are simply there to remind you that sex isn't always consequence-free fun. The bastards.
just cheer up man, it'll be good.

My friends are much uglier too lol so don't worry about that.
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
Just make changes in your life. Get a new hair cut, buy new clothes, hang out at places you didn't before. Maybe get on some anti-depressants. And don't worry about girls, no matter how ugly and a loser you think you are, there's always someone out there who will like you. You just need more confidence in life in general
If it is a nerve damage then it will heal wont it? if so just go back to guitar.
"Member of the Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
Comander of the silly sausage army pm me or KCGIG1 to join!

My gear:

Electric: Mexican Fender stratocaster
Acoustic: navaro
amp: Fender frontman 15G
What you should do since you can't play guitar right now is exercies. I'm serious, If you can't improve your skills right now you should ponder about life and improve your physical image on the side, trust me it will help a lot. If you like it then it can become another hobby to, cheers.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Your not ugly, but I'd actually shave the goatee completely if I were you. And yeah, you would still be able to play drums(probably). And trust me, I'm use to having no friends, it's not that horrible, and you'll probably make a couple soon(you+other loners=no longer loners). Just hang in there and don't kill yourself.
I'm the dream unicorn! The young machetes guide my path through forests of burning orange trees, but protect me from the cloud eating coconut eyed monsters that live in the bushes.
Alright..... Here's some advice:

1. Confidence is key. Whether I or anyone else on this site thinks you're a winner doesn't mean shit. If you think you're a winner, there's not a goddamn thing that can tell you otherwise.

2. Quit bashing yourself about your appearance, you aren't bad looking.

3. I'd certainly advise taking up drawing or painting, depending on if/which of your arms is damaged. Collages (<---- Spelling?) can be just as enjoyable.

4. Do not turn to drugs. You may make some more "friends", but you will be on a fucking horrible path if things get out of control. I'm a former addict to cocaine, and I promise you will regret it all.

5. It's never too late to turn your life around, and even though I believe in you, you're going to have to believe in yourself. So fucking get to it!

Hope you find your solution, brother.

edit: forgot something very important... Stay positive. Pessimists never get anywhere.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jan 7, 2007,
can you still play video games?

get together with some guys and game it up or something.
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
Man, you aren't even ugly. You also seem like a pretty honest and decent guy, so don't worry that the ladies aren't there. I am sorry about your physical issue that is keeping you from playing guitar, but just keep the faith and don't give up. Nothings certain, so try and hang in there.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
if you cant play guitar ever again, play drums like the other guy said

and dont worry high school "relationships" are really annouying anyway
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by DeathTouch666
Grow a goatee and grow your hair. I do it, minus the goatee, and I am one sexy mother****er.

dude i said that already
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.