they wear them out a little faster but they wont really cause too much damage.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i dont see a point in a metal pick since its usually the strings that break before the pick, and picks cost less even if they do break... so no point really
Its to get a different sound. Metal on metal produces a different 'click' than celluloid on metal..
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
yea it will most likely f u ur finish faster and worse.
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh
don't stick your penis in it

MY RIG!
Kramer Striker Custom FR-424 CM
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Johnson Electric Acoustic
Zoom GFX-1 Multi Effect pedal
Randall RX25
Behringer Distortion Pedal
I dont think it does , i went to my cousins house for a week once, he had a nice guitar that he doesnt play, and i didnt have picks, so i used quarters. Sounded sweet ( I sometimes use them instead o picks now) and didnt mess up his rusted strings.
I don't know about anyone else, but my celluloid picks really take a beating, and wear down fast. With a metal pick (apart from the sound difference) you can keep it pointy and it won't wear down for a long while. That's if you like pointy picks; I do, and I can't wait to get a metal pick. Plus, I'd be willing to bet it's stronger than a normal pick... I doubt it would bend so easily.
Quote by cal1089
yea it will most likely f u ur finish faster and worse.

uhhhh.... how? A pick hitting the finish is a pick hitting the finish, reguardless of waht teh pick is made of. Besides, pickmarks and worn in guitars are sexy.

EDIT: to the guy above. Yeah, ive got couple, adn they wear longer and have NO flex. Theyre also kinda hard to grip if your hands are the least bit sweaty.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
i use metal picks,, it doesnt make a difference to the string's quality. If your using an EB string.
Helow! I'm just new here... a left-handed guitarist.... idolizes Zacky Vengeance of A7X....
Quote by Swift_Death
uhhhh.... how? A pick hitting the finish is a pick hitting the finish, reguardless of waht teh pick is made of. Besides, pickmarks and worn in guitars are sexy.

a metal pick mark across the front of a nice guitar would look like crap.

TS try them, if ur carefull when u play and like the different tone, then buy a few.

and to the other guy who likes pointy picks;
buy regular picks and use an exacto knife, or scissor to clip them pointy. that's what i do.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Swift_Death
uhhhh.... how? A pick hitting the finish is a pick hitting the finish, reguardless of waht teh pick is made of.

the point is that metal will dig into the finish a lot deeper and a lot faster than celluloid would
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
brian may uses old 50p coins.steel picks can sound a bit harsh so try get copper or bronze