Antzzang
Barney Fan Club #2
755 IQ
My drummers problems:
He does not play well live. He gets very nervous
He does not take critisicm well. My friends uncle and grandpa are two of the best drummers in the city and he did not take their advice.
He plays too many fills and somewhat keeps a beat. The funny part is that he thinks he's doing well. Like how the hell are we supposed ot keep in time if we can't find a beat? And he has no care in the world. He has no pressure in his life and takes everything as a joke. It took him over 7 hours to record a drum track with a metronome.
And we can't kick him out cause he's my best friend. So i have no idea what to do cause he wont take our advice seriously. what should i do?
cerveza
Pro Audio Engineer
323 IQ
you could wait it out and see if he gets good, but that will take time
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Dallen_007
UG's Own Vegetarian
269 IQ
Tell him to straight the f**k up and start listening to the advise from his betters or hes out. I had to do this with my drummer, who is also my best friend.
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
just ask her to touch her toes naked....shell never expect whats next
deportivo
.d -_- b.
193 IQ
find a replacement and jam with him, without officially kickin your bud out. if the replacement works, tell your friend about him/her. put the pressure on, ie, we're taking it seriously, we want you too, if you don't, we've got someone who will.
=deportivo=

"so this guy woke up with 6 different girls on 6 days of the week?"
"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
"...and on the seventh day he rested"
Antzzang
Barney Fan Club #2
755 IQ
so you're saying that i should threaten him to do better. What if he calls my bluff?
deportivo
.d -_- b.
193 IQ
don't make it a bluff. if his problem his being serious, then you should be serious about finding someone who shares your sentiment
=deportivo=

"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
Briteless
Irish/Canadian Guitarist
87 IQ
make him the bass player
"Say hello to my little friend!"
Antzzang
Barney Fan Club #2
755 IQ
But it will be hard to find a drummer because not only was he the drummer, but his house was where we mainly practiced. plus he would hate me alot.
deportivo
.d -_- b.
193 IQ
then sit him down and tell him how you feel. sounds gay? you bet! does it work sometimes? you bet!
=deportivo=

"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
ar73m
Fantastik Pandastik
526 IQ
So he's holding your entire band back, and will hate you if you tell him that and that you would do whatever it takes to get better, yet he is your best friend? ...
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Etni3s
Marvelous
135 IQ
this is exactly why i always tell people to think of them selves as sucky lowlifes until someone says otherwise. (this does not include mom/dad/gf's/bf's)
<NHBoy> I broke my G-string while fingering a minor
<rycool> ...

Quote by cheames
you appear to have sigged on of my drunken posts