I noticed that my bridge humbucker is much closer to the strings than my neck one. The neck pickup is around a centimeter away from the strings while the bridge one is a half centimeter? Is there some way to fix this?
Yea, get a philips screwdriver and tinker around with the 2 screws on the side of each pickup, that changes the height of each pickup

BC Rich Warlock
Peavey Rage 108 Trans-Tube Practice Amp
Boss ME-50 Multi-Effect Processor
Yamaha PSR-273 Keyboard
dude that is normal. That helps give the more distictive sound to the neck and bridge pickups. YOu can adjust it if you like. Its really what you prefer on sound.
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
Since the bridge pickup is closer to the bridge, the amplitude of the strings movement is smaller than above the neck pickup. If both pickups are on the same height, the neck pickup will be much louder.
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1
^ Almost right

It is to do with the amplitude of the string, however, it doesnt make the sound louder.
Its to find the optimum height for the correct signal strength.
Been away, am back
Aren't signal strenghth and volume linked, when I change pickup height, I really get a difference in volume.
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1