I was looking at the 'You Shook Me All Night Long' Tab by AC/DC and it was covered with "gibberish" from my point of view. I looked at the legend i already understood half of it. However, i didn't and still do not understand some stuff. I was wondering if somebody can explain to me what 'Artificial Harmonics', 'Natural Harmonics', 'Tapped Harmonics'.

Help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks alot.
Natural Harmonic: When you barely touch the string over the fret and then pick it. Perform at the 12th, 7th and 5th fret for best results.

Tapped: Fret a note, and then do a natural harmonic 12 frets higher, or wherever indicated on the tab. example: 5(17) means hold down the 5th fret and barely touch the string at the 17th fret and pluck the string higher than that with your thumb. It takes practice.

Artificial Harmonic: I'm unclear on these myself, I always thought it meant Pinch Harmonic.
^pinch harmonics are sometimes called artificial harmonics, but TRUE artificial harmonics are what you said for tapped harmonics.

Tapped harmonics use the same idea, but if it said 5(17), you'd fret 5, but TAP the 17th fret. An example of this is Spanish Fly, by Van Halen.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
Tapped harmonics use the same idea, but if it said 5(17), you'd fret 5, but TAP the 17th fret. An example of this is Spanish Fly, by Van Halen.

Ah, I've always wondered how you go about doing those harmonics.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic