Yeah, ih8u2 here with the weirdest questions as usual.

Anyway, due to my exposure of violent action packed movies, I started to think about death by cutting/slitting the throat/jugular vein.

What do people die by, exactly? Is it the profuse blood loss or is it some other reason?
And how long does it take for death to actually come?

Thanks.
wow, that questions been just BUGGING me for days....i'm glad i know!
Quote by Soma3009

I'm wearing my batman outfit to school tomorrow. Only problem is, the legs are spandex. So, my balls competely stand out. Is there ANY possible way around this?

Quote by futurejimmypage
like my band wants to have like kickass nick names. names like synyster gates etc.
O.o

You're the kind of person that needs to work more and think less.
(serial killer to be, this one)
Away Message: I fell out of my chair, this may take awhile.
well it could also cut the trachea which is cool because that makes the blood sort of bubble from the air being released through the wound, but actual cause of death comes from lack of oxygen to the brain. i think unconciousness comes pretty fast though, so you'd be alive for an extra minute or so while leaking but you wouldn't be awake.
Quote by Covin
O.o

I agree. I hate having nothing to do, it gets me thinking. And when I start thinking this happens.

I've also wondered if you could survive this kind of death with treatment?
Quote by ljplum12
I think they usually cut the windpipe too. Maybe?

Perhaps, but I think for the most part it's lack of blood to the brain, hence, lack of oxygen to the brain.
Nikolas
if you slit your throat you would 1. not be able to breath 2. bleed alot 3. drown in your blood

at least i would think so, cos if ur throat is bleeding the blood would go down your trachea
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Probably. I was going to try to quote Dwight from the Office, but I can't remember exactly what he said.
MG Free At Last
when they slit the throat they go for the corated? the corated artery. i just spelt it like how it sounds. but yeah it delivers blood and oxygen to the brain, and basically anything else that has to go to the heart coming from the brain. youll die in 2 minutes, if you ever get your throat slit

edit:i had a friend who had got his throat caught on barbed wire, and got it cut straight down. vertically. and hes fine i mean he didnt bleen out or anything, and that wasnt much of a big fear since it missed that important artery.
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
Quote by ih8u2

You can't really survive death dude
Either blood loss or a cut windpipe. There's a big ol' jugular running through there, you know.
<Han> I love Hitler
its a bit like cutting your head off.... your most likely going to die
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
usually, they can't get a big enough cut to get both the windpipe and the artery at the same time. unless, that is, they're using a machette. but the artery is where you wanna hit, because it delivers the blood to the brain. the blood carries oxygen to the brain, so cut the artery, get rid of blood, get rid of oxygen. if you can apply pressure quick enough, and apply enough pressure, which is hard, you can survive it, and once you get to the hospital they can sew it up while they give you a blood transfusion, so yes, you can survive this type of 'death' with treatment. you'd think it's actually one of the best ways to die, seeing as there's only the minor pain of having a cut on your neck, and you pretty much just pass out. i dunno why people don't commit suicide that way instead of slitting the wrists. wrists have more tough stuff to go through i think, dont they? anyway, just rambling on now.

actually, now i think of it, ih8u2, answer this riddle. a girl goes to a funeral for a family member. she meets a man there she falls in love with, but he leaves before she gets his name. two weeks later, she kills her sister. why?
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
usually, they can't get a big enough cut to get both the windpipe and the artery at the same time. unless, that is, they're using a machette. but the artery is where you wanna hit, because it delivers the blood to the brain. the blood carries oxygen to the brain, so cut the artery, get rid of blood, get rid of oxygen. if you can apply pressure quick enough, and apply enough pressure, which is hard, you can survive it, and once you get to the hospital they can sew it up while they give you a blood transfusion, so yes, you can survive this type of 'death' with treatment. you'd think it's actually one of the best ways to die, seeing as there's only the minor pain of having a cut on your neck, and you pretty much just pass out. i dunno why people don't commit suicide that way instead of slitting the wrists. wrists have more tough stuff to go through i think, dont they? anyway, just rambling on now.

actually, now i think of it, ih8u2, answer this riddle. a girl goes to a funeral for a family member. she meets a man there she falls in love with, but he leaves before she gets his name. two weeks later, she kills her sister. why?

Yeah, I would assume it would be like that. If they don't hit the artery and penitrate the windpipe though, it would be a really sucky death. If the jugular gets cut through you will probably pass out within 20 seconds, whereas if you only hit your windpipe you will be an immense pain for as long as it takes you to pass out because you can't breathe and your lungs fill with your own blood. Also, the death from a cut to the jugular would be mostly caused by bloodloss, as soon as your brain stops working, so does the rest of your body.

Depending on the cut it would determine if you could be saved or not, if the artery gets cut clean through, I don't think any amount of pressure will save you. Even if it wasn't a clean cut, you would probably lose enough blood to be in a very critical condition before anyone really assesed the situation and were able to start helping you, and that's if someone who was trained was there as this happened to you.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
yea i dunno how often you'd survive a cut like that, i just remember seeing this ambulance show on the discovery channel or something where there was a woman with a cut artery and she was holding a shirt on it and walking around waiting for the ambulance. it probably wasnt a deep cut, but in some cases, you could survive.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct

Because the man was her brother?
That sounds pretty dumb, actually.
Because she thought he'd go to another funeral?
well the reason they almost instantly drop after it happen is because the sudden loss of blood causes them to faint and then the basically just bleed to death I guess. That's if the wind pipe isn't cut.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Covin
O.o

this dude is completely right^^ haha
Quote by ih8u2
I agree. I hate having nothing to do, it gets me thinking. And when I start thinking this happens.

A hockey player got his throat slit with a skate once, he survived by someone putting there fingers into his throat to plug it off.
Loss of blood to the brain which could lead to excessive bleeding/stroke/MI.

Funny/True story. Across the alley and parking lot from my house, this dude slit his girlfriends throat... and she survived. So he drove her to the hospital where they were intercepted by cops.
a) Your throat is cut... that makes breathing a bit hard

b) You're bleeding like ****, which eventually leads to unconsciousness, then death.

c) No blood is going to your brain. You're ****ed.
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

I think if oxygen from the wound got to the heart you would die.. I really don't know. I never cared to much or thought to wonder about this.

You wouldn't bleed to death, and if you did it wouldn't be anywhere as fast as in movies it would take maybe 5-10min or something if you did...
Quote by ckellingc
Loss of blood to the brain which could lead to excessive bleeding/stroke/MI.

Funny/True story. Across the alley and parking lot from my house, this dude slit his girlfriends throat... and she survived. So he drove her to the hospital where they were intercepted by cops.

Umm...?

<Han> I love Hitler