I'm left handed... and I really want to play the guitar, and I'm wondering if this even possible??.... I mean can I just buy a regular "right" hand guitar and rearrange all the string and play it???
Last edited by localzboyzg at Jan 8, 2007,
OK, firstly, go for the Yamaha. They are made in Japan, and the Japanese have very high build standards, and their quality control is the best I have seen. They reject things, that most other Luthiers wouldn't even worry about. Their entry level guitars just cant be beat.

To answer your other question, you can reverse you strings for a lefty, but your pick guard will be wrong way around, the same with the EQ and the cutaway if it has one. Yamaha do sell left hand models which you should really get.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Jan 7, 2007,
anymore suggestion??? from what I was... I should just go ahead and play with my right... so if one day... I do come over a friend house or something... I can play theirs guitar.... since most of guitar player are right handed..

Some more question..

What guitar from my list would you suggest?
no man, just buy a left handed guitar. It's just going to be harder for you to learn how to play. It would also be akward for your hand. IMO dont buy one of those starter packs, but instead just buy a pretty good left handed guitar. Unless you could find a starter pack that comes with a left handed guitar.
I'm left handed and I didn't find any problems learning to play right handed. I didn't know how to play the guitar, so I figured that I'd have to learn how to do everything anyway. I started with the Yamaha GigMaker package and the guitar actually sounds pretty nice, especially for the price, but I'll upgrade some day.
I have a friend who's left handed and plays right handed. It does really matter, unless you are already used to playing left handed, but you are a begginer.
I'm a person.
ok.. thank for the suggestion... I browse throught ZZSOUNDS and MUSICIANFRIENDS and found some left handed guitar... any recommedation guys??

Here are some left handed guitar: Which one should I get?

Taylor Baby Taylor Mahogany Left-Handed Acoustic Guitar- $269.99

Washburn D10SLH Left-Handed Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar w/case- $269.99

Alvarez RD20SL Left-Handed Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar- $249.99
I like the Taylor. (see the dudes Taylor in the "I'll show mine if you show yours" thread). IMO, The pick guards on the others look a bit gaye.

You do know that the only main differences between Left & Right handed acoustic (apart from the strings being reversed), is that the pick guard is on the other side, yeah?
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
any other recommendation??

and to answer your question... I don't know the diffrent... I just feel more comfortable buying a left handed guitar, since Im a left hand.
Yes two points.
1. don't play right handed. I'm a left handed guitarist as well. You will progress much much slower if you learn right handed. All these people saying "you're at an advantage because your left hand is strong/quicker" don't know what their talking about. You won't be stronger/quicker if you can't be comfortable when you pick up the ax. Just learn left handed. Besides being left handed is kick ass, makes you unique

2. DON'T GET THE TAYLOR BIG BABY. Seriously, ask any lutier or anyone else on these forums that knows guitars. they will all say the same thing: you're paying an extra $100 for a crappier guitar just to get the Taylor name. The only Taylor worth buying will cost you over a thousand bones. If you want my advice go with the Yamaha FG720-sl. Yamaha will give you the most bang for your buck in that price range. It's also the most endorsed guitar in the "which guitar under $300" thread. I owned one myself until I upgraded to what I have now. Great guitars and I would recommend the Yamaha fg-700 series to anyone, especially left handers with a limited selection.