Hey I was looking at the JP Music man and was reading its reviews (I still need to go actually play it) and its sounding very nice (better than the JEM) but in the reviews I found one saying this: "The piezo option is really good and sounds awesome to double as an acoustic guitar. If you need a guitar, and dont mind waiting 3 months, then custom order one from Ernie Ball (done through guitar center) so you can get one with the matching headstock and piezo. Great guitar, especially when comparing it to the price of Les Pauls, PRS, etc." My question is what is the piezo and whay would I want my headstock to match? Is this merely and aesthetics option. Maybe link me to some pictures, etc?
the piezo is another pickup that you can use that will give your guitar an acoustic sound instead of the regular clean. I have no idea what the matching headstock thing is about.
Ok that sounds cool but if I have that pickup installed, does it mean that everytime I have a clean tone it will sound acoustic? I mean thats really cool sounding but doesn't it mean I can't have the electrics clean sound (through the other pickups?)?
u can have the electric clean sound, u can turn the piezo on and off
Oh ok. That's wicked cool I never heard of those before. I found the matching headstock is just that the headstock isn't left as finished wood, it gets painted the same color as the body.
Quote by ChrisMcN
Oh ok. That's wicked cool I never heard of those before. I found the matching headstock is just that the headstock isn't left as finished wood, it gets painted the same color as the body.

Piezo's are not uncommon. They're typically used on acoustic guitars that can be plugged in but more and more electric guitars are using them as a way to expand the tonal capabilities of electric guitars. You can get piezo pickups on Parkers and the Steinberger Synapse models for example. There are also several aftermarket solutions available where they're built into the bridge assembly allowing you to modify an existing guitar. I'm considering including a piezo pickup on my next guitar build.

Regards,

Rob
its a fine guitar .... but to lower the cost of it
dont get the Jp sig inlays (tyheres little bullets in MOP or Abolone)
Dont get the Mystic Dream paint job ... it isnt worth 400$ (USD)

its a fine guitar though, i played it alot ... it has a very thin neck, that makes some time to get use to ...
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info