Page 1 of 2
I wanna stay awake all *or most of* the weekday nights without being exhausted before school. Is they a way to help? Or a way to sleep for like an hour but feel completly refreshed in the morning? Or is it just Coffee? lol, but the reaosn why is imagine how much guitar practice you could get if you barely slept!!!
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
Well it's not healthy , but yeah I guess coffee, motivation and fun should do it , the moment you start feeling bored you might wanna go asleep, so keep yourself occupied.
Orange Enthousiast.
caffeine pills, and maybe a butt plug. i don't think i'd get much sleep if i had a butt plug in my anus
=deportivo=

"so this guy woke up with 6 different girls on 6 days of the week?"
"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
"...and on the seventh day he rested"
Sounds impossible seeing as you're doing it through a week of school. I reckon you'll go two days at most.
yo.

I BELIEVE
If you eat alot, and I mean a lot, of calories, you will feel less tired, as your body uses the calories as a substitute for sleep.
Moonchild of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join

Quote by PinkIsCool
UG- The only place where a heartwarming moment can easily be turned into an act of homosexuality and incest.

I am So are you doing this to get a shitload of guitar practice. I think I missed something.
"Member of the Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
Comander of the silly sausage army pm me or KCGIG1 to join!

My gear:

Electric: Mexican Fender stratocaster
Acoustic: navaro
amp: Fender frontman 15G
You do know that not sleeping for a few days is extremely unhealthy and can lead to death?

There is a formula out there that will keep you awake for 72 hours. Something about mixing them with OJ a certain way...don't have the formula anymore but you are hyper for 72hours then just crash after that.
Quote by Nelsean

Every genre of music has it's good and bad. People are just too ignorant to understand that.
Yes, more practice. But I dont want to be too tired cause I want good practice
Quote by Draken
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Quote by PGT
You do know that not sleeping for a few days is extremely unhealthy and can lead to death?

There is a formula out there that will keep you awake for 72 hours. Something about mixing them with OJ a certain way...don't have the formula anymore but you are hyper for 72hours then just crash after that.

Thatd death thing is a rumor,.......RIGHT???? I'll google that formula
Quote by Draken
Quote by OneHappyCamper

I don't recommend it. If good grades is what you want its not the way to go. I used to stay up till 3 in the morning leaving me with 4 hours of sleep (this was back in the days of online gaming...not anymore though :rolleyes which to be honest felt crap and led me to feel depressed along with degrading grades...

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Try as you might, but once it reaches a certain point, your body will literally force you to go to sleep after a few days, and when you crash, you will crash hard.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Why get shitloads of practice when you can do it through the day?

My gear:

Ive got school, and my parent limit my time, so at night I could play limit-free with headphones. Im planning on taking naps in the day after homework to help.
Quote by Draken
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Quote by CanCan
Friends.

That's all there is to it.

Its kind of hard to have friends over every night dont you think???

BTW, I found a NASA article stating 20 min naps every 4 hours can substitue sleep!!!
Quote by Draken
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Actually, lack of sleep will cause irreversible decay of brain cells, possible permament memory loss, severe behaviour changes, depression, and in long term, death. There's no way to reverse or 'cheat' that, even 48 hours without a proper sleep WILL cause some PERMAMENT damage to your brain. Brain cells need sleep - not short naps - to refresh and regenerate, and without that, you're in for a rough time.

So think for yourself, do you still want your nighttime practices or not.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
...Yes...
Quote by Draken
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Sleep is the way the body regenerates, without enough actual sleep rather than naps it will become damaged. If you stay awake to practice guitar, the effects of not sleeping will cause you to become depressed and lose motivation, defeating the purpose of staying awake in the first place.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Well, since you Are a girl, And have Shoop Da Whoop in your sig, I value your opinion!
Quote by Draken
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Quote by Dr. Gonzo Slash
Its kind of hard to have friends over every night dont you think???

BTW, I found a NASA article stating 20 min naps every 4 hours can substitue sleep!!!

That's pretty good, though when my eyes close I won't wake up until at least 4 hours later anyway.
yo.

I BELIEVE
20 minute naps are referred to as "Power Naps" here in Australia. The government uses it as a road safety initiative like "If you're driving and feel tired, pull over and have a 15-20 minute "Power Nap" to rejuvenate and it could save your life"

And its true, they do help but only in the short term. Nothing but sleep will stop the feelings of needing to sleep. All products like caffiene do is block off the impulses to the brain that tell it your body needs sleep.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Quote by philjay
I don't recommend it. If good grades is what you want its not the way to go. I used to stay up till 3 in the morning leaving me with 4 hours of sleep (this was back in the days of online gaming...not anymore though :rolleyes which to be honest felt crap and led me to feel depressed along with degrading grades...

Thats what i do all the time minus the online gaming...
And it does leave you feeling like shit.
I suggest just going to sleep on regular time with a few exceptions here and there.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
20 minute naps are referred to as "Power Naps" here in Australia. The government uses it as a road safety initiative like "If you're driving and feel tired, pull over and have a 15-20 minute "Power Nap" to rejuvenate and it could save your life"

And its true, they do help but only in the short term. Nothing but sleep will stop the feelings of needing to sleep. All products like caffiene do is block off the impulses to the brain that tell it your body needs sleep.

Oh power naps, sheesh, I thought it was some new cool NASA thing.
yo.

I BELIEVE
The first woman to sail around the world solo, Ellen MacCarthur I think, lived on having 4 or 5 one hour naps a day. She called them power naps too. She did this for a fair few weeks and she turned out alright.
Last edited by Eilidh at Jan 7, 2007,
come on, she sailed through some of theworst seas on the planet on herown, some of those cells gotta be damaged already to do that, big acheivement, but not something the average person does... but a computer crash just before a college coursework deadline made me go without sleep for 72 hours, i was fine forlike 2.5 days, but the last half i got really irritable, but generally you're only gonna need an hour or so practice every nightto improve faster, all night would just do damage to your hands nvm your brain.

"You're a MESS!"
You can get by just about with 5 hours sleep a night then you have to have a proper night sleep after 4 days i think (8 hours) So you could practice until 2 am and get a satisfactory night sleep.

Yet what you want to do is just plain stupid. You will feel the crash effects almost immediately after the 36 hour mark. You just need ALOT of willpower, food and determination (possibly insanity) to get past that mark for a long period of time.

If you ask me, just to get some practice for a gig just to impress the girl with the half-baked solo you've just made up just doesn't cut it. Get a proper nights sleep and don't put your body under unnecessary stress.
The point is, it's not even about if you'd be able to stay awake or not. Thing is, regardless of how good you feel, your brain will still turn to jello if you do not sleep enough, eventually. There's no way to reverse that process, and there's no way to heal it once the injury is made - it's for life. Even a single all-nighter is going to kill a few neurons in there, and they'll never grow back after that.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by ar73m
Even a single all-nighter is going to kill a few neurons in there, and they'll never grow back after that.

DONT TRY TO SCARE ME YOU NUB!!!

I did a few of them a couple of weeks ago...
yo.

I BELIEVE
i don't know if someone posted about this or not, but google 'Polyphasic Sleep' and try that, i did it for a few days in uni, it worked fine for me, you just sleep for about 20min every 4 hours, and eventually it keeps you energised, there's more about it on websites, google it up.
Originally posted by Liamy
I kicked a puppy before, but only because it was really annoying.
Its not healthy seriusly. Some guy in Korea died after spending 48 hours on some Online game without sleep.

Anyway the only surefire way to stay awake all the time is to take speed. Lemmy would stay awake for days when he was using it.

Btw I dont recommend u take Speed.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Go to sleep it is way better for you.

My gear:

Quote by Mechanixx
Its not healthy seriusly. Some guy in Korea died after spending 48 hours on some Online game without sleep.

WoW is the game he played, it's the antichrist.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
WoW is the game he played, it's the antichrist.

ye thats the one lool

Nice sig BTW
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I used to, and I still do a bit. It isn't healthy, I once just didn't go to bed and then went to bed at 12am the next night. I wasn't that tired, but then I wasn't doing much that day.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
don't do it

you'll regret it

sleep like any other person would, otherwise you going to get kicked out of school for tiredness..

its oh so fu*king simple
Get home from school, have a wank, eat, homework, guitar practice until 11:00 pm...that's how I do it....just repeat this process.
Try a quater of a gram of crystal-meth-amphetamine (crystal meth) that will do the job. You could stay awake for 4 days or so.

Mind you you will probably grind your molars down to gum line, and lose 15kg, but meh!
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Page 1 of 2