Hello everyone!

First of all excuse my poor English, I'm not a native speaker.

I recently bought myself my first "real" guitar (a beautiful Fender Jaguar) after playing on crappy Squiers & Epi's for almost a decade. However my Squier is just lying there so I decided to strip it down. I've sanded everything off & I'm currently giving it a nice paint job..
Now.. I'm going to replace the pickups with Humbuckers (Screamin' Demon). After removing the pickguard I noticed that there are places for 3 humbuckers in my Squier.
So I've been thinking about putting 3 of them on my Squier. To be honest, this is purely because I think it would look cool, I don't really need 3 humbuckers..

Now my questions, which I hope you'll be able to answer:

- Is it possible?

- Pickguard.. I've looked everywhere, I've only found Strat style pickguards Hum|Scoil|Hum Haven't seen triple humbucker anywhere.

- Can I wire them in a way that I have an option to use all 3 of them at the same time?

- I live in a rural area.. guitar shops are kind of scarce here (I look outside -> cows ) So I will let the wiring to a professional electrician.. You think he'll have enough with the schematic included with the pickup? What are "pitfalls" about wiring pickups that he may not know?

- I'd also like to replace the hardware wiring the pickups to the controls since it's all cheap & Squiery.. What will I need besides a selector & plug jack? (potentiometer?)

Thanks for helping out!
Firstoff: You know darn well you speak english like an average native speaker. Either you are fishing for complements, or you really don't know how good your english is.

If you have the space to route the bigger holes needed for humbuckers, it's possible.

Triple humbucker pickups, I have never seen a pickguard for it, so someone else will have to help you with that.

Of course you can wire them that way, you can probably still use a 5-way switch on it.

I would really wire them yourself. Just get a soldering iron, and practice. It's really the easiest thing in the world! You can get the best wiring schematics from the seymour duncan website.

EDIT: use this schematic
You just replace the wires from the single coil with the wires from the humbucker, and soler de two remaining wires together.
d
One thing to look out for is not to make too much contact with the pots when using the soldering iron. It's best if they don't get too hot.

You will need: output jack, switch, volume and tone pots (how much of these depends, you can wire it so that you have seperate volume pots for every pickup, and tone pots too, look at seymour duncan for the wiring). You will also need a capacitor (the value of this capacitor is also seen on the schematics). You will need new wires (copper), and keep the groundwire as it is, because it can be difficult to set up a new one.

Hope this helped
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1
laff your english is tres good, and putting 3 pickups is possible, but i think youll have to be prepared to lose to the 5 pickup selector,
3 humbucker guitars tend to have a 3 selector, wit hthe bottom the treble pickup, the middle having all 3 pickups and the top the neck pickup
so i using this schematic you wouldnt be able to single out the middle pup
you could do it though but it would involve some crafty wiring
why dont get 3 little on/on switches and be able to turn on each humbucker by itself? would that be too hard to wire or is this just a stupid idea? cause i think i will costumize my old squier

so is my little idea possible or not?
Squier Standard Strat
Squier Jimmy Shine Sig
Ibanez ValveBee
Ibanez DS7
Behringer UC100

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by Octavianus
Firstoff: You know darn well you speak english like an average native speaker. Either you are fishing for complements, or you really don't know how good your english is.

It's just a precaution I take against the "zomg learn2spell" - people. I wasn't fishing for compliments, I'm not a woman.

Quote by Octavianus

Of course you can wire them that way, you can probably still use a 5-way switch on it.

But that isn't included on the schematic..? or is it?

Quote by Octavianus

Hope this helped

Ja hoor, bedankt.
Quote by delongefreak
why dont get 3 little on/on switches and be able to turn on each humbucker by itself? would that be too hard to wire or is this just a stupid idea? cause i think i will costumize my old squier

so is my little idea possible or not?

Don't think it's a bad idea.. But 3 is a little too much on my guitar.. Maybe just a 3-way selector & 1 swith to turn them all on at the same time.
i have 3 individual switches for each of my single coils in my strat copy..... And it works pretty good. There all 3 way switches so i can get... In phase, Out of phase, and Off
Quote by Mus
It's just a precaution I take against the "zomg learn2spell" - people. I wasn't fishing for compliments, I'm not a woman.

But that isn't included on the schematic..? or is it?

Ja hoor, bedankt.

The zomg learn2spell people need to be ignored anyway, so don't take precautions

There is a 5 way switch included in the schematic, but I'm just guessing it will work with 3 humbuckers, I have no proof.

3 little switches could work, but changing pickups will mean switching with TWO switches, which can be quite tricky in the middle of a song.

Geen dank, waar is dat 'rural area' in Nederland (of België, steden zijn meestal niet ver te zoeken
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Laney VC-15
Quote by Octavianus
The zomg learn2spell people need to be ignored anyway, so don't take precautions

There is a 5 way switch included in the schematic, but I'm just guessing it will work with 3 humbuckers, I have no proof.

Well, I'm going to use it either this way or with a 3 way pick up, I don't intend to use the middle pick up anyway. Thanks a lot..

Now if only I could find a Strat pickguard for triple hums.. I looked bleedin' everywhere & I swear it doesn't exist. Still Fender made spots for 3 humbuckers in my guitar.

Quote by Octavianus

Geen dank, waar is dat 'rural area' in Nederland (of België, steden zijn meestal niet ver te zoeken

Bij Deinze, Oost-Vlaanderen, er is hier wel een enorme muziekwinkel in de buurt (Piens) maar die zijn a. ontzettend ontzettend duur (echt een winkel voor rijke kinderen & mannen met een midlife crisis) én arrogant & b. hunder "technishe dienst" aanvaardt alleen maar reparaties, mods etc.. van instrumenten die daar gekocht zijn (...) Als ik dan toch 20 of meer km moet rijden / treinen laat ik het liever door m'n electricien doen die woont hier om de hoek. ;-)
I still think you should try to do the wiring yourself, unless the electricien you have in mind does it for a very sweet price.
Gear:
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Laney VC-15
5way-switch sound like bad idea, just get individual volume and master tone, then you can blend all you like
Talking about Warmoth,I saw a guy their that has three full sized humbuckers on his Strat.
Maybe you can make one yourself?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Guitar0player
Talking about Warmoth,I saw a guy their that has three full sized humbuckers on his Strat.
Maybe you can make one yourself?

Make what? A pickguard?