Page 1 of 2
I'm off on a school trip to New York this easter, and I intend to bring back some food articles that you don't get in the UK. So far on my list I have Lucky Charms, BBQ potato chips (no decent ones in the UK) some Herschey's(sp?) chocolate (compare with Cadbury's). Can anyone suggest some majestic food of yours to return with?

Also is there anything in NY that I should do while I'm there? We have a day where we don't have anything planned and can go off and do what we want, to an extent.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
dude i live in NY just go to manhattan im sure there will be a ton of things youd want to do and they sell a ton of stuff
Quote by dillonrips7

I like to pretend I'm Johnny Depp, and scissor away at my crotch.

Quote by _InsanitY_
holy **** awesome win right there

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
lol i was expecting more people to comment and the second comment is a spelling correction
Edit: what do you not have in england ??
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
You don't have lucky charms? wtf? Is it because Ireland is so close (or should I say connected?) to the UK? Well get some mcdonalds, burger king, white castle, wendys, KFC, taco bell, pizza hut, arbys, panda express, sonics, popeyes, dominoes, and portillos.

There are some other places i missed, but with just those trust me, you might as well say goodbye to your parents forever because either you'll die from a heat attack or you'll be so fat your parents will disown you. My god we eat bad but trust me, it's worth it.

EDIT: Oh and look for a guitar Center while in new york, the ones in major cities are ENORMOUS and I know the one in LA has a bunch of handprints of rock stars on the pavement for the entrance.
Last edited by musiclover2399 at Jan 7, 2007,
Quote by musiclover2399
You don't have lucky charms? wtf? Is it because Ireland is so close (or should I say connected?) to the UK? Well get some mcdonalds, burger king, white castle, wendys, KFC, taco bell, pizza hut, arbys, panda express, sonics, popeyes, dominoes, and portillos.

There are some other places i missed, but with just those trust me, you might as well say goodbye to your parents forever because either you'll die from a heat attack or you'll be so fat your parents will disown you. My god we eat bad but trust me, it's worth it.

EDIT: Oh and look for a guitar Center while in new york, the ones in major cities are ENORMOUS and I know the one in LA has a bunch of handprints of rock stars on the pavement for the entrance.

Rich SG Music lover is right go to Guitar center and to as many fast food joints as you can and take som with you back.And it is pretty hot in newyork around 65 degrees.Do you have good pizza in england if you dont try that.And if you were to go to brookklyn go check out coney island
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
KCGIG1 is totally with the program eat! Oh and you might want to see that statue there, the one about liberty or something like that.

I can't believe there's only guitar centers in America, seriously it's just sad...I have 3 near me!

Also do you have corndogs in England? If not try some, they're good.
you can also go to madison square garden. something is always happening there.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
you should try cocaine. the energy drink. because i forgot to when i was there and now i have to order it on the net

edit: hmmm as for places to go... first the more obvious ones: statue of liberty, madison square garden, central park, times square (including toys r us), the empire state building, broadway, rockefeller centre, macy's, tiffany's, ground zero, fao schwarz, etc.
other places i went which were fun were nintendo world & the museum of sex

these were in the museum of sex :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=28xgU3F_dnw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NltWRENMLCM

and this was in toys r us:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e_s__M7pOxk
from daylight...
...into darkness
oh! krispy kreme doughnuts if you've never had them.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by divid3d
you should try cocaine. the energy drink. because i forgot to when i was there and now i have to order it on the net

lol, reminded me of a segment on Jon Stewart.

I wanna go to the US to eat White Castle, Harold and Kumar really hyped it up.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Ah drinks of course! Drink lots of coffee, lots. We have strange folgers commercials but dunkin donuts coffee PWNS.

AH! That's a place I forgot! Dunkin Donuts! Also try Krispy Kremes if you want to sacrafice even more health for flavor. And for breakfast have Dennys and Ihop.
Quote by musiclover2399
Ah drinks of course! Drink lots of coffee, lots. We have strange folgers commercials but dunkin donuts coffee PWNS.

AH! That's a place I forgot! Dunkin Donuts! Also try Krispy Kremes if you want to sacrafice even more health for flavor. And for breakfast have Dennys and Ihop.

Dunkin dounuts hot chocolate is beter than their coffe.But seriously you should go to madison square garden the statue of liberty and coney island and if you go to coney you can eat at Nathans hot dogs which are famous for the annual hot dog eating contest.were that skinny japanese guy wins
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Quote by KCGIG1
were that skinny japanese guy wins

pwnt.

Seriously, when a foreigner beats you at eating your own food, you gotta be ashamed of your country.

yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by divid3d

edit: hmmm as for places to go... first the more obvious ones: statue of liberty, madison square garden, central park, times square (including toys r us), the empire state building, broadway, rockefeller centre, macy's, tiffany's, ground zero, fao schwarz, etc.

I think youve been more places in new york than me and you live in canada
and i live in new york that sucks.just try doing stereotypical american things Rich_Sg
EDIT:Yea we are pwnt every year by him and its funny that hes really skinny and he beats thes giant dudes.
EDIT#2:He likes silly sausages http://newsmadeeasy.com/Images/HOT_DOG_CONTEST.jpg
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Last edited by KCGIG1 at Jan 7, 2007,
Quote by musiclover2399
You don't have lucky charms? wtf?

We used to but they stopped doing it a few years ago. I loved Lucky Charms. I have a mug of LC that changes colour when hot. Sadly it doesn't work anymore. But it was fun.

I realise this isn't relevant to the initial question...
Quote by KCGIG1
and i live in new york that sucks.just try doing stereotypical american things Rich_Sg
EDIT:Yea we are pwnt every year by him and its funny that hes really skinny and he beats thes giant dudes.

Yup, a lot of actual New yorkers barely see the sites I believe. I live by chicago and I don't think it's anything special. My cousin lives by LA and says no one goes downtown because it's a shithole. Again KCGIG1 is with the program.
Quote by KCGIG1
EDIT#2:He likes silly sausages http://newsmadeeasy.com/Images/HOT_DOG_CONTEST.jpg

actually i live in australia i just happen to be in canada right now lol
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d

Apparently our hotel is next door to the museum of sex
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
^^^Just like like music lover said people in new york barley see famous land marks i guess its becuz we live here and we dont have to leave in a certain a mount of time so we feel like we have all the time to look at those things.

The japanese guy like silly sausages too.

and i have a question who else is watching pRon
Attachments:
11.JPG
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Quote by bequickorbedead
I would agree with everything apart from the chocolate. British chocolate > American chocolate

I had some when I was in Vegas, it was pretty manky. I want to bring back some for my friends who aren't going.
Quote by its_alive

Quote by ErnieBallfists
wellto bequick or be dead musiclover said he should try the dunkin dounus coffe and i said that dunkindounuts hot chocolate is better then their coffe not better than englands chocolate.
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
can you get bags of two-bite brownies in the UK? if not, grab some of those, they rock.
from daylight...
...into darkness
rich sg howw long u staying in new york
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Quote by Eilidh
Buy some Oreos, no shops in Scotland sell them I don't think.

The sell em' in Oz, they gotta be somewhere up there. They definetely have to be in England.
yo.

I BELIEVE
I'm in NY for 5 days I think. We're already gonna be hitting the major places (Statue of Liberty, Guggenheim, etc) and we're seeing a broadway show and going to a basketball or ice hockey game.
We do get Oreo's in the UK, but they're hard to find. I doubt there would be any in the 'tourist' part of NY, but are there any good music shops, aside from the major megacorp ones.
Quote by its_alive

Quote by ErnieBallfists
OREOS are every were!!!
Edit: yea but depends where u gonna hang out because if ur going to be in manhattan i doubt there are going to be a lot of small ones.But if you go to the other buroughs then ull find a ton of music stores.
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Last edited by KCGIG1 at Jan 7, 2007,
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
The sell em' in Oz, they gotta be somewhere up there. They definetely have to be in England.

I've never seen them. The closest thing I've had are custard cream biscuits (judging by appreance), which are actually lovely.
How about a hooker? I consider them food..... anyone else.... no? damn...
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Try the pizza in NY, you have to fold it so the grease runs right into your mouth and not your hands when you eat it.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
go to Wendys and get a Jr.bacon Cheeseburger
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Forget the Lucky Charms. Forget the Hersheys chocolate. When you get to NYC find the first sidewalk hotdog vendor, and buy a hotdog with everything on it. Sauerkraut, onions, chili, relish, the works. IT'll mess your stomach up if your not used to it, but once youve had one of those hotdogs you wont want any others.
CBGB's ?? i think thats the birthplace of punk and in new york i believe
Make sure you stop and get an authentic slice of New York pizza...theres nothing else quite like it.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Quote by Ironbodom
go to Wendys and get a Jr.bacon Cheeseburger

Indeed. It will be the best dollar you spend on the trip.
Page 1 of 2