okay ive got a set of emg hz lying around, and im gonna put them in my cheap ibanez, cause it currently doesnt have any pickups.

on the emg website, the tone and volume are set up diferently. any1 maybe help?
please explain you're problem in more depth... you say 'set up differntly', what do you mean, they do differnt things, they're gonna be set up differently!!

One is logarithmic, one is linear, that's the only dif between the two pots themselves...

Explain further and we'll be of more help...

Quote by Dookie_1988
please explain you're problem in more depth... you say 'set up differntly', what do you mean, they do differnt things, they're gonna be set up differently!!

One is logarithmic, one is linear, that's the only dif between the two pots themselves...

Explain further and we'll be of more help...

sorry, well first of all, i dont know which pot is which. they were lying around from when i took them out of the ibanez, but de-soldered them and so now i cant tell which is which. also, since i took itout of the guitar, there was the resistance or capacitor (w/e) alrdy on it, and it wasnt wired like on the emg site, so i de-soldered it and stuff and made according to emg's site, but it isnt working
There are alot of ways to solder a cap on and get a guitar to work...

Anyway, the best way to tell the diff between the pots is that (this is if you cant see the writing on the base) the volume pot will most likely have the 3rd leg (looking from the bottom) bent and solderd to the casing, this is a ground joint, also the volume pot will probably have a big lump of solder on top where all the grounds were originally solderd to. anyway, the pots will work wired as either, just the tapers will be odd if they're wired wrong (wen you turn the volume up it won't sound like a smooth, steady increase in volume...)

The HZ line are the passive ones right? If so, just search for 'Humbucker Wiring Diagrams'.. The seymour duncan webite has a nice drop down list to advise you how to wire multiple combos of pup and pots... v usefull. The best way i find to install a cap on the tone pot is with one leg (hot) on pot's middle leg, and the other solderd to the casing of the pot as the ground, i find this keeps it all nice and neat...

Just looking i've found the link for what you probably want, i'm assuming you want to wire 2 pups, with one vol, one tone and a 3-way... that can be found here... If that's not what you want, just scroll around that site and you'll soon find what you do want...

Anyway, hope this helps..!

The B500k is you logarithmic (audio) taper... So that's one's your volume... And by process of elimination lol, The A500k is the linear taper, for use as your tone pot...

Are you all ok, set and ready to whip out a soldering iron now..?

i have one last question, there is a blue wire connecting both pots. and out of the blue wire (connecting both bases) comes a white wire connecting to pegs, should i de-solder them?
okay, i finished, and there is lots of buzzing, and i have to turn the amp up really loud on the distortion channel to hear a clean signal. where could i have gone wrong?