My neck pickup was a little wobbly today so i decided to check it out. i removed the pickup ring, screw, all that stuff. so here's my problem, i was putting the whole thing back together and i dropped the spring into the hole where the electronics go through. i'm just wondering, is it risky to keep it in there? can i get it out at all? i have a yamaha studio lord but i'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as a normal gibson les paul. so if you can help me ASAP, please do. thanks
Fish it out of the compartment, you'll risk an unwanted connection and may affect your tone/sound cutting.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^so i just shake it like when you try to get a pick out of an acoustic's soundhole or fish it out with something that fits in the compartment? alright, i'll do that tomorrow after school. so this happen to anyone else before? maybe some shared experience wold be good too.
Last edited by ~windrider~ at Jan 7, 2007,
Yes i've faced tons of EG problems including this, you can fish it out using a stick/tweezers/magnet/etc etc.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
unlike strat style, there's no where for it to go.
but keep in mind there's a magnet in there. so if u cant find it, it's probably already stuck onto it.

more importantly, is ur pickup crooked or rattling now? if so, i would just take it out at the next string change, gather up the springs and put it back in correctly.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by ~windrider~
^so i just shake it like when you try to get a pick out of an acoustic's soundhole or fish it out with something that fits in the compartment? alright, i'll do that tomorrow after school. so this happen to anyone else before? maybe some shared experience wold be good too.

If you don't trust Madpickin on this, then you should go kill yourself.
He helped me out, man, if it weren't him, i'd be homo...
madpickin is one of the few people who is always right
including drinking booze before going on an EG operation
Quote by Invictious
If you don't trust Madpickin on this, then you should go kill yourself.

if it wasnt for faz, id still be a guy.
but that doesnt mean the spring cant get hooked up on the magnet.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011