Anyone use one? I got myself one to keep my hands busy at work, I'm a little worried I might be overdoing it though. Any advise on how much should you use it, and if it's possible to get something like RSI or whatever crap because of it or is it safe?
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Those steel things you squeeze? The grippers? Unless you have one with a lot of resistance, like, 100 pounds, I doubt you can strength train with one. I have one of the store variety, but I had to squeeze it extremely fast for 2-3 minute reps. to get an effect, and I'm too lazy for that. But, yeah, it should help your hand strength, a bit. I'd suggest getting a nice, fancy one, so you can get seriously results.

I'm curious though: I've read that strength training and aerobics result in different muscle growth: fast twitch for aerobics (this would benefit guitar?), and slow twitch for strength shit. If I strength trained my forearm, would I lose speed and reaction speed in my guitar playing? I'd like to know before I start doing anything that could effect my guitar playing...
Building heavy muscle in your forearm wouldn't cause you to lose speed, not at all. It might not benefit as much, but it wouldn't hurt you either, at least as far as I'm aware.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
^ Yes, but I'm thinking about cramping. Am I the only person to experience cramping in my forearm from playing? I think not. I figure with more slow twitch muscle, cramping might happen more often? I don't know.