I need some desperate help. I just started to play scales. Now the thing is i dont know how to read scale charts that well (atleast i think i know but am not too sure. I just looked at a scale chart and how it was tabbed out. I feel it is wrong, or something is wrong the way i am reading it. Please help!

Heres the C major scale (i cant give the link because wholenote.com doesnt seem to allow me to, so heres how to get there:

-Go to www.wholenote.com
-Click on lessons
-Click on learning tracks on the side of the screen
-Click on beginner (we all need a start)
-Under scales and picking click on C major

Look at the scale chart above the tabs (ive even attached it). The tabs are totally different. How to play it, please help.... Thanks

-Ignore the 1001 spelling mistakes, i was typing fast, getting frustrated over scales (i have no instructor to help me). Thanks for all your help.....
Attachments:
c major q.gif
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
crap the attachment didnt come out right... please go through the link process
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
that's just like reading a tab on the second side. the first pic should be easy enough to understand...
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
oh yea the wodden one, but the white one looks similar but has less frets and no open strings. Basically the white and the brown one look different.
Quote by RHCP94

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
http://www.wholenote.com/default.asp?src=l&l=219&p=1

Look at the white chart they have provided and the tab for that (i dont got how the chart resulted in those tabs. Please help me...
Quote by RHCP94

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
Last edited by jammer-91 at Jan 7, 2007,
The first white chart makes sense but i dunno bout the second one..
Last edited by Saitoh at Jan 7, 2007,
the dots under is the beat so play stright in bar 4 and in 5&6th bar play 8th notes
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger