well my band just recorded a new song called Digital Angel. you can listen to it here. It's the first one, not the bottom one because well, the bottom one "tribulation" was recorded about a year ago and isn't up to par. please listen to the new one and let us know what you guys think! thanks! will crit for crit
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!
Hey there,
I'll be frank, I'm not into that kind of music, so I won't talk about choice of notes. Vocals could retain that devil voice distortion but it really needs to be clarified to the extent of being audible. Production wise, the points are low but I won't bag you for that either.

The only thing you have to work on are vocals and production. Cause thats pretty much whats 'wrong' with the song. A solo would have been nice, but its redundant.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7810754#post7810754

Thanks,
Royce Lee
Thanks Royce. I understand that you are not too fond of that "style" of music because, well, not many people are. When you say vocals need to be audible, do you mean louder or do you mean the words need to be clear so that you can hear what he is saying? Either way I can understand. And as for production we have no experience with mixing or anything and our recording equipment isnt professional so yeah production sucks. Thanks for the feedback!!
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!
Overall I'd say it was fairly good except for the quality of the recording. If you could though, try turning up your guitar amp and whatever you use to sing through. Try messing around with your tone abit too because in the Tribulation song you have a much better tone I find and sometimes if you have a better tone, the easier it is for the mic to pick it up. Like wussupwithat said, a nice little lead part would be cool if you could've made one up for either song.
Try to turn up your vocals abit more because you're suppose to hear them easily in most songs because they're loud, in your recording, they definatly should go up if anything.

If you have time, check out my band www.myspace.com/rebeccasgrave , we're pretty much the same style as you are, death metal
Quote by XBodomX
Overall I'd say it was fairly good except for the quality of the recording. If you could though, try turning up your guitar amp and whatever you use to sing through. Try messing around with your tone abit too because in the Tribulation song you have a much better tone I find and sometimes if you have a better tone, the easier it is for the mic to pick it up. Like wussupwithat said, a nice little lead part would be cool if you could've made one up for either song.
Try to turn up your vocals abit more because you're suppose to hear them easily in most songs because they're loud, in your recording, they definatly should go up if anything.

If you have time, check out my band www.myspace.com/rebeccasgrave , we're pretty much the same style as you are, death metal

i understand what you are saying about guitar tone and it is completely tru, but this is beacuse when Tribulation was recorded, I was playing through a vintage MusicMan tube half-stack, but after our drummer left so did the amp because it was his dads. Now I am left with a Crate half stack which is eh.... yeah. thanks for the crit

EDIT: just listened to your band. thats some really good stuff man. i like the vocals.
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!
Last edited by whippingpost134 at Jan 8, 2007,
Quote by whippingpost134
i understand what you are saying about guitar tone and it is completely tru, but this is beacuse when Tribulation was recorded, I was playing through a vintage MusicMan tube half-stack, but after our drummer left so did the amp because it was his dads. Now I am left with a Crate half stack which is eh.... yeah. thanks for the crit

EDIT: just listened to your band. thats some really good stuff man. i like the vocals.

Glad you enjoyed our tunes.

And I find Crates are very hard to get a good sound out of, I had to use another bands amp for a show and I had to use a Crate and it was near impossible to get a good sound.

Good luck with your band!