There are a LOT of of boss pedals and i was thinking: what's the difference between
an AC-2, an AC-3 or a DS-1 and a DS-2, ....
please help me out cuz i don't see any difference
i've got both so i can help out. AC-3 has an extra effect model over the AC-2, it's the newer version. Same with DS-1 and DS-2.
the ds-2 has some turbo mode or someshit, dont buy it if u're a gain addict, cos it's only good if u play nirvana and other shit stuff, (yes i found out the the hard way, then switched back to amp overdrive lol) if u want gain get a metal zone!!!
don't listen to this guy. Yes the DS-2 isn't good for metal, but the Metalzone isn't good for anything.
wot? i thought the metal zone was good! but dont buy the ds-2 unless u wanna look like a noob lol its shit!!! i regret wasting £51 on it!, should got a tube screamer or something, damn bonners people, recommended it to me!!!!
Get a tubescreamer if you've got a tube amp, otherwise you're wasting money. The DS-2 is very versatile, but i'm not suggesting it's the best, just 10x the pedal that the metal zone is.
Not necessarliy. What i was trying to say is, i believe both are the same, but with something a little extra. DS-1 is a very popular pedal and the AC-2 is pretty much identical to the AC-3. The extra mode on the AC-3 i don't even use.
and whats the difference between the DS-1 an the DS-2 then ?
is it that the ds-2 has a turbo mode ? but are there any differences between those 2 sound-wise ?
Last edited by fender&gibson at Jan 7, 2007,
the DS2 sounds just like the DS1 but with added turbo mode, which just changes the tone frequencies slightly. I'd go for the DS2 if I were you. Im considering getting one just for rhythm guitar, as I have a big muff for leads
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
I love my MD-2 Its got killer gain, huge bass, lots of treble, the only problem is its a little nosiy with the high gain but thats going to happen in any pedal
the ac-2 is a good pedal. only if you have a single PU at the mid position. otherwise, humbuckers at bridge or at neck only makes your sound pretty much just a clean tone.. the ac-3 has a built in reverb.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

There are some audio demos of the pedals on the internet. Hearing how they sound will benefit you much more than an explanation. You could also try them out at a local guitar store since most shops have boss pedals in stock! Most Boss pedals do have a bit of 'thin' sound to them though, so it's best to use them combined with other pedals. The Boss DS-1 for example is best used to give some more boost an colour to your amp distortion, as a stand-alone distortion pedal its sound isn't all that great.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Usually when Boss gives you new versions of a pedal, they just give you more control over it rather than giving it a different sound.
Sent from my iPad.
but if the newer versions have more options why would anyone buy the old version ??
and whats the difference between the DS-2 and the MD-2?
Last edited by fender&gibson at Jan 7, 2007,
The DS-1 costs about half as much as the DS-2. That's why.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Quote by fender&gibson
but if the newer versions have more options why would anyone buy the old version ??
and whats the difference between the DS-2 and the MD-2?

marketing strategy maybe
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Stacked Actors
The DS-1 costs about half as much as the DS-2. That's why.

yeah that explains
and what's the difference between the OD-3 and the SD-1 ?
( i know, i have a lot of questions )