Hey guys,

I have a peavey valveking, and i was wondering if it would be ok to put a distortion pedal in my line up? I really like some indie music and grunge but i also like metal and things like that and i find the peavey to be great for my metal side but not my indie side punkier side. The bands im thinking of are bloc party, editors, milburn, feeder, the clash, sex pistols etc.

So would it be ok for me to put a distortion pedal in?

And if so could you guys recommend me a distortion pedal which would give me the sound im looking for?

I play a prs tremonti se and a fender telecaster if that helps.

hope ive given you enough info.

thanks in advanced.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
You should look more into overdrive pedals.
There's too many overdrive pedals out to name, and most are great, try a load out if you can.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
would they give the sound im looking for do you think?
I heard bloc party uses ds-1s, not sure if thats true or not though.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
try using a BOSS overdrive, its good. And since that is your genre, try adding a wah pedal to it.
Helow! I'm just new here... a left-handed guitarist.... idolizes Zacky Vengeance of A7X....
boss pedals are the best. try out the metal zone ( mt-2 ) cause you can get every sound you want to from rock to metal.
A fuckin' Camel bited in my right hand!

Gear:

Gibson SG Standard!!!!
Ibanez GRG 170 DX
Peavey Classic 30
Behringer GM 108 (sucks!!!!)
Marshall MS-2
Boss MT-2
Jim Dunlop CryBaby
Zoom G2.1u
2 crappy Acoustics
thanks guys shall do

any inputs on the ds-1s or are they a hunk of junk?
i got a ds1 cos it was dead cheap, doesnt suit my sound tho, might suit more your style, thin distortion like
=---Can't stop addicted to the shindig!!
Yeah you want OD instead of Distortion really.

Ibanez TS-9s are nice ODs.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Bad Monkey is really good for $50. It's really hard to beat for the price.

There's definately some better out there, though. For instance, i've heard good from the Ibanez TS808.
O O

___