Or, how often do you turn it off? Me, mine is always running. And by always I mean even when I'm at work or sleeping or whatever. It's a bit annoying when someone wakes me up in the middle of the night with an AIM message, but I'm used to it and it's actually kind of fun. I also write down some melodies in GP in the middle of the night every now and then (random inspiration ftw!), and well, I dunno I just don't feel right when my PC isn't up and running - even though I really don't spend more than a couple hours doing something at the comp at home these days - it's usually just reading up guitar material/tabs while practicing.

(and in case you're wondering, I UG from work :p

So how about you, how often do you let your PC "sleep"?
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
all day well mostly all night and half of the day is when its in use
i turn off my pc when im not using it be cause i can just turn it back on later and because my pc is noisy
Quote by dillonrips7

I like to pretend I'm Johnny Depp, and scissor away at my crotch.

Quote by _InsanitY_
holy **** awesome win right there

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
I turn it off every ngiht when i go to bed. Leaving it on heats up my room to mucha nd in the summer it gets to hot.
I have i off all night, and when im not on it. It depends if im working that day and what i feel like doing
Last edited by Birdy266 at Jan 15, 2007,
I'll usually have it on during the day and night, but I turn it off when I go to sleep cause it's noisy, but it's still on a lot of the time. Though today I turned it off before I had a shower, and then I turned it on when I was finished.
yo.

I BELIEVE
The only time mine's off is when we're on vacation and not in the house.
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
Quote by fifthhorseman54
The only time mine's off is when we're on vacation and not in the house.

+1. Just fired it back up this morning after getting back from vacation last night.

Regards,

Rob
Quote by GiantRaven
What a waste of electricity

Your bill must be huge

Actually, a PC running in sleep with the monitor off hardly uses any electricity at all. It's like, less than a lightbulb or something, I think. And even when it's not in sleep, it's mainly the monitor that uses up the power, the PC itself doesn't need much at all, so meh.

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Sometimes I'll turn mine on in the morning before school and leave it running if I need to do something before I leave, but usually I turn it off when I go to sleep and then turn it on the next day when I get back from school. I don't like wasting electricity and the noise irritates me.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I have my laptop on almost all the time.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
The only time I leave it on during the night is when I'm torrenting, otherwise it's off at night.
Mines in sleep mode when Im not using it. On tripes are the only time its off.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by ar73m
Actually, a PC running in sleep with the monitor off hardly uses any electricity at all. It's like, less than a lightbulb or something, I think. And even when it's not in sleep, it's mainly the monitor that uses up the power, the PC itself doesn't need much at all, so meh.

nah, that's not true

if want you meant is the standby mode then it still uses 98% of the electricty that a normal pc uses while running
My Spanish Hearts
i turn it off and on whenever I need to, but usally its only on from 5 oclock in the afternnon til 12am.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I havent turned mine off yet in like 3 months since last summer.
The only thing i do is turn of the monitor when i go to sleep.
If you read this, You just lost 5 seconds of your life.
Turn mine on after i wake up... shut it down before i goto sleep!
Its not very healthy for yer comp to leave it on 24/7...
It's actually not good for the hardware in the PC if you turn it on and off regularly, it damages it a bit.
Quote by Softmod
It's actually not good for the hardware in the PC if you turn it on and off regularly, it damages it a bit.

+1

Keeping it on all the time wears it down faster than having it always off, but every time you turn on/off does that to certain extent as well. Also when it's always running it won't have as much problems due to dust and humidity accumulating or some crap like that, I've seen an article on this and it sorta made sense.

my laptop is constantly on, I only turn it off when I'm going out for a week or whatever, otherwise, it's on all the time.

It's usually downloading something or it's playing music or something so meh, I find it easier to have it on all the time.
Mine goes on when i get home from school around 230 then off at bed time between 10 and 11. But itll stay on all night if im downloading or converting stuff. And in the morning il turn it on if I need to do something but then it uslly ends up on all day because the bus comes and I need to be gone.
myspace.com/theunwantedjellybean <--- Add It!
The more appropriate question is how often my computer is off, and the answer to that is almost never. Six people in my house using it, so it doesn't get much of a break.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
umm...it was last off when the power went out a month ago...
Quote by Silentnight66
Because this thread has Hitler and being hyper in it here's the fact of the day. Hitler was a meth addict.
I rarely turn mine off, I don't remember when I last had it off.

I opened it up one day because my CD burner was being crap and I had about an inch of dust on the bottom of it. I'm sure you could have made a small pillow with it.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.