Thought it would be fun to see everyones baby photo's.

For those who are not familiar with them, this is The Fat Lady Series, made by "Cole Clark" in Australia. The FL1AC to be exact. (Cut away & Patented Dual Sensors).

It is made from all Australian renewable AAA Grade timber, and I got her for AU$1199 including a Hard Case (US$900) (Approx)

This particular model is solid timber, no ply, as can be in the 2nd picture. You will notice there is no kirfing inside. The Front & Back face are machined into a bowl shape, getting thinner in the centers.

It has a Bunya Pine Face, and Queensland Maple body & neck. Plus the industry standard Rosewood Fretboard.

It has two innovations. The first being combined with the under bridge piezo pick up, it has a Patented front brace sensor, which theoretically, detects the tone of the front timber, which can be blended with the Piezo sensor by use of a slide in the EQ Control box.

The other is the neck is intergrated to the body during construction, very similar to the early century Spanish guitar's, not joined together at the end of construction as many guitars are. Not many guitars are constructed in this manner due to the added time it takes to complete construction. It's only really seen in high guitars, or in customs made instruments made by European & South American Luthiers. (that I know of anyway).

It is supposed to give it a solid earthen sound, and reduce the need of tuning. Not sure about all that, but it plays like a dream, and thats all I care about really. The action is as soft as cotton, and the tone is awesome, especially when connected up to an amp.

In hindsight I would have given her a once over with a clean cloth for you, but, meh.

Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Jan 28, 2007,
Well, I've posted these in a couple other threads, but since we're sharing...

My Taylor GS - Maple and Spruce:

Man, thats sweet, I especially like the back, what wood is that?

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

Its sweet, whatever it is.

Come on people, post us ur pics!!

Last edited by DJaye at Jan 7, 2007,
^ woops i was talking about yours ,( mahogany back ?). beautiful guitar!
Last edited by Findinghomer at Jan 7, 2007,
^^
Right on. And she sounds better than she looks - although I don't do her justice...
Quote by mustys
Anybody know the prices of a Fatlady 2 or a Fat Lady 3?

Well, the Fatlady 3's sell for approx AU$3500, not sure about the FL2's about $1800+ I think.

As mentioned above, I got my FL1AC (with cutaway & pickups) for AU$1199 including a hard case.

Check out their website, they have their pricelist which you can download.

Cole Clark

Wow...can I drool over your guitars?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Hey Djaye. Are all FL1AC's that colour? from other pics they seem different? and do they all have the same wood?
^The FL1's have either a bunya or a spruce top and a few choices for the back and sides, rosewood, tasmanian blackwood and queensland maple. They also have the option of a gloss or satin finish. So, to answer ur question, theyre not all the same colour.
So, as stupid as THIS question may be. What is the best wood? is it just a matter of preference? I like the satin finish.
On the topic of cole clarks, is there a way to determine what year a particular guitar was made?
Well it's nowhere near as nice as those two, but here is my Yamaha FG730S. You probably know the specs by now so I won't bother.

Yamaha makes nice guitars. I like the lines, very traditional. (most stuff the Japanese make owns)

Chips - I have that same Yamaha as well - they are great guitars. In my opinion, the best in the price range by far - I won't be selling mine anytime soon...
Quote by mooshoepork
So, as stupid as THIS question may be. What is the best wood? is it just a matter of preference? I like the satin finish.

Different woods can have a huge difference on the sound, as do different combos (body vs top, etc). Spruce and Cedar are the most common for tops, and then probably mahogony, rosewood, and maple would be the most common choices for body.
Quote by tom183
On the topic of cole clarks, is there a way to determine what year a particular guitar was made?

That info is printed on a label near where you adjust the truss rod.

^Hmm...not on mine. Mine says:

Quality Control

SP Face
RW Body
QM Neck
RW F/Board
AM Assembly
RY Sand
JW Paint
BO Setup

Nothing about the date it was manufactured.
You guys will see my geetar in the up and coming February AOTM!! shes a beaut! i've considered it calling it a 'he' though since i'm a girl... i'm not sure how that works. sorry totally random stuff right there but its a good arguement.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Quote by crystalh
You guys will see my geetar in the up and coming February AOTM!! shes a beaut! i've considered it calling it a 'he' though since i'm a girl... i'm not sure how that works. sorry totally random stuff right there but its a good arguement.

Why not show us a pic??

Djane i got the same as u except i didn't leave mine in the sun so it didn't go dark red

my baby

wow...some sweet looking guitars in here

mine's incredibly plain looking but she's got a lovely tone to her also a brand I had never heard of..I went to try out an epi hummingbird but this just kicked every other guitars butt in the shop well....I never tried the Martins... my life isnt worth as much as them!

@-}-}-}-
There's some sweet guitars there boys, and thanks for posting, I was a tad disheartened at the lack of response, but its good to see others showing off there baby photos. Its the way it should be.

Phungar, "DJane" is a typo, yeah? LOL

Howz your Fatlady? What playing characteristics does it have? Got a nice low action on it? Not sure if you know, but there is a hidden label right above the truss rod adjuster.

Notice it has a ratchet head? Its because its a two way truss rod. A very nice feature, and also means you don't have to dick around with an allen key to adjust it.

My action's set that a .78mm plectrum just fits beneath the 6E and 4th fret. actions soft as cotton.

Quote by DJaye
There's some sweet guitars there boys, and thanks for posting, I was a tad disheartened at the lack of response, but its good to see others showing off there baby photos. Its the way it should be.

Phungar, "DJane" is a typo, yeah? LOL

Howz your Fatlady? What playing characteristics does it have? Got a nice low action on it? Not sure if you know, but there is a hidden label right above the truss rod adjuster.

Notice it has a ratchet head? Its because its a two way truss rod. A very nice feature, and also means you don't have to dick around with an allen key to adjust it.

My action's set that a .78mm plectrum just fits beneath the 6E and 4th fret. actions soft as cotton.

i really have no idea what action its on havn't really fiddled with it i know i should really learn this kinda stuff but i dunno never come acroos ive alwasy foudn it to be nice to way i got it no need to change it but i'll have a look once i no how xD yea it was a typo i like fatlady plays well i wonder what a fatlady 3 would be like would be nice to try it out soon

btw shaw what is purdy lol..
YAY . . . another entry. Nice 12 String mate.

Hey, check out the finish on my Cole Clark on the 1st page, they are both very similar. Is that what that finish is called? "Antique Burst"?

I have heard some people call it "Toasted Edges" "Sun Burn"

Quote by DJaye
YAY . . . another entry. Nice 12 String mate.

Hey, check out the finish on my Cole Clark on the 1st page, they are both very similar. Is that what that finish is called? "Antique Burst"?

I have heard some people call it "Toasted Edges" "Sun Burn"

Yeah if anything I'd call it sunburn
Quote by phungar
i really have no idea what action its on havn't really fiddled with it i know i should really learn this kinda stuff but i dunno never come acroos ive alwasy foudn it to be nice to way i got it no need to change it but i'll have a look once i no how xD yea it was a typo i like fatlady plays well i wonder what a fatlady 3 would be like would be nice to try it out soon

btw shaw what is purdy lol..

ha, purdy just means pretty. i like the look of them.