I'm looking to get a mixer for some recording... and I was looking at a mixer that had 5 channels supposevly... but 2 were titled 3/4 and 4/5... does this mean that I can input 2 lines on each? If so how?

EDIT: meant to title 2/3 4/5 in the topic
Quote by DispsablePuppet
So I was at the store the other day... and your all gay.

possibly stereo input, but im not sure.

it could be stereo and the others are mono beccause the stereo line normaly has 2 channels

but i might need a bit of backing up here cause im not sure
My Gear:
Jackson King-V
Crate GT65
Ibanez Weeping Demon 7
Digitech Whammy 2

Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?
I think it means that you have one channel with mic and jack input and a gain control, and then you've got channel 2 and 3 on one strip with two jack inputs, most likely a left (mono) right setup and the same with channel 4 and 5
so lets say i wanted to put 2 guitar (mono signal) through line 3/4.. would I just put one in one input and one in the other?.. would each guitar come out both speakers when recording?
Quote by DispsablePuppet

A 3/4 type input supports a stereo source or could still do a single mic or single instrument.

I have an 8 channel Yamaha:
1 and 2 I use for two XLR mics (and these have insert points to add a separate effects unit)
3/4 and 5/6 are used for stereo to connect stereo MFX units for electric and bass guitars.
7/8 is only a stereo (no mic) and is for backing track input (stereo/MP3 player).
It also has 2TR IN (which as no pre-amp at all) and this can be used to chain a 2nd mixer (such as for bringing in a drum set).
All of those 3/4 or n/n channels are stereo input channels. Usually they are rca inputs, aka those white/red inputs that you find on like your video game consoles. Some are quarter inch inputs as well. Either way, one is the right channel, and one is the left. Say you plugged in a 1/4" input into channel 3 and not 4, and then sent a stereo L/R out to two speakers. The signal would only come out the left speaker (aka only one speaker, depending if that 3 channel is L or R. If its the L it comes out the L, and similar for R, R)

Got it?
I got nothing to say here

Guitar: Red Ibanez RG120
Think I do.... So the mixer i'm looking at has one XLR input/1/4 and then two channels with the left/right thig.. so I can only put one instrument/mic in each channel.. if I put a guitar/mic in the left input of a channel, will it only come out the left speaker on play back?
Quote by DispsablePuppet

Yea, unless you do 2 mics on the same instrument and plug one into the left and one into the right.
I got nothing to say here

Guitar: Red Ibanez RG120