so recently ive been thinking about getting a new processor....i like to play alot of metal namely....iron maiden,sabbath,priest megadeth and some other stuff like acdc pink floyd deep purple...but the thing is that i need a really killer heavy metal tone and a sick ass tones for the leads....i currently own an esp ltd dave mustaine signature and a marshall dsl 401....i was thinking about getting either a boss gt 8 or an xt live....but i heard that the TLSE was much better than both of them....but i have heard that its not good for metal and stuff if anybody owns it plz leme knw what u think about it and is it worth buying for a metal head like me also ive heard that there is alot of noise and the clean sounds are not so good....i live in pakistan so i dont have much of a choice...they dnt have gt8 or xts rite now so its either this or a used boss gt 6...plz give ure suggestions and keep in mind the stuff that i have and i want a sound like megadeth that is real heavy
Well, first of all, using a Multi-FX processor on a Tube amp is basically worthless. Look at a Metal Muff if you really play metal, and for stuff like Pink Floyd look at Big Muffs.
Sent from my iPad.
what's wrong with the dsl? those tones should be it's bread and butter.

but the tonelab SE will do metal fine. it's the processer on the 120 adn 60 watt vesrions, whcih is much better than the rest and has really nice high-gain models.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
it's the processer on the 120 adn 60 watt vesrions, whcih is much better than the rest and has really nice high-gain models...dude i dont get what ure saying
there's two vox valvetronix series.

there's one which as the 15, 30, 50, and 100.

then there's another which as the 60 and 120.

i think the first is just vox AD and the second is like ADvtx or something.

no the difference is that the better series has the tonelab se as a pre-amp, in it's entirety. the lesser sereies as the same pre-amp, but minus some high gain models and other options.

the moral of the story is that i was very impressed by the tone lab and wouldn't mind owning one. it's a great processor and does all tones very well.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

dude im only talking about the mfx not the amp....and i guess therz only one version of the processor....anyway would it work fine with my tube amp?
Well, MFX Processors aren't really made for tube amps. Just go with a single pedal. The DSL can do metal well.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by guitarsexgod
dude im only talking about the mfx not the amp....and i guess therz only one version of the processor....anyway would it work fine with my tube amp?

i know? like i said in the moral of the story, i really like the tone lab SE.

but your dsl should be fine for those tones.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

the only thing worrying me rite now is that the tlse gives u a tube amp sound even if u are using it through a solid state amp and i already have a tube....so im just wondering how it would work with it
^It's kinda pointless to use it with a tube amp, seeing how you can buy stomp boxes to get a better sound.
Sent from my iPad.