Well for Xmas I got a nice digital tuner for the guitar, but...is there any time frame in which I should tune the guitar? Everytime I pick it up? Once a week?
every time it goes out of tune lol, but if you have a realli nice guitar 1nce a week
Quote by nick dixon
Mine usally takes about 40-50mins. Just leave it while you do somthing else. What you choose to do in 40 minutes is completley up to you, but I usally carve small aniamls made from pieces of coal.

Whos takes 50minutes? seriously
Every time it goes out of tune... But you should get used to tuning it by ear, so much better for you and often more precise. Just use the digital tuner to tune the low e and then tune the rest by ear. Good practice.
Quote by MidnightSun
every time it goes out of tune lol, but if you have a realli nice guitar 1nce a week

No, it that case you just tune it when it goes out of tune, too.

Btw, you should get a better amp to keep up with that SG.
Quote by xX_JIMI_Xx
if you have a floyd rose once and then never again apparently...

...until you change string gauge and then you'll have to do it 37 times.
everytime u pick it up.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
No no no! Check the tuning by ear every time you pick it up. It should be the first thing you do every time. And until you get good at checking it by ear you should keep the tuner on to double check.
My rig:

Guitars:
Ibanez Jetking 2 (electric)
Hohner HW300-G TBK (acoustic)

Amps:
Peavey Encore 65
Crate CP-150 and building my own cabinet in the summer

Effects:
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
Quote by jj1565
everytime u pick it up.

If it stays in tune (which it should do if it's half decent), why?
Quote by mr_hankey
If it stays in tune (which it should do if it's half decent), why?

tuning helps u develop ur ear. just takes a minute. and fine adjustments are almost always needed.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Everytime it's out of tune, you'll get the hang of that pretty quickly. I got really quick at tuning because every guitar in my house gets left in drop D or C by my brother or cousin. I ask them not to do it when I've just restrung my Yairi, it seems to hold it's tune better if it's left in E for a week or so on new strings.

In the case of my brother's old Japanese Stratocaster, you retune everytime someone breaths on the tremelo bar, or bumps the headstock, or just plays a whole song without stopping to retune. You also replace strings pretty often because the worn out bridge eats them.
i tune the guitar everytime i pick it up to play ... it will always go out of tune slighty ... & i want it to be as perfect as possible
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info