Page 1 of 2
Anyone else love the original 3 films, and I don't mean the crappy remasters, I mean the ORIGINAL films.

I can't stand the new films, they all suck so much, and even the old films remastered are shit.

Anyone else love the original films?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
I was in 4th grade (about 1997) when there was that huge resurgence of popularity with the trilogy. I loved it, man. I had all the action figures; I had the Millenium Falcon. Good times.
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
Yeah but I mean before they even remastered them. Like the scene where Han and Gretto are in the bar together and they changed it so that Greeto shot Han first, when in fact, in the originals, Greeto didn't even shoot Han, Han just killed him because he's soo badass. Or like at the end of the first film where Luke gets out of the x-wing and calls Leia "Carrie". Classic.

Quote by funkynasoo
there all good because if one was missing they wuldn't make a full story although the original 3 did kick the most arse

Nah I totally disagree, there was only meant to be one film originally. It was meant to be the whole trilogy fit into one film, that's why the endings of V and VI are practically the same with the destruction of the Death Star.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

They're all good really, originals are best obviously.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
I agree wholeheartedly with the original poster. Even the rerelases of the originals were crap. Thank God the originals in their original format are finally available on DVD.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
I agree wholeheartedly with the original poster. Even the rerelases of the originals were crap. Thank God the originals in their original format are finally available on DVD.

Yeah but you have to buy the rereleases to get them, or at least here you do anyway, they come on a second disc.
Quote by CornLord

Originals ruled, the new ones were for kids aged under 13.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Yea the originals were way better.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
The originals were awesome. I cracked out the old lightsabre the other day and managed to smash my light
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
The originals were awesome. I cracked out the old lightsabre the other day and managed to smash my light

Quote by CornLord

I love Star Wars too much to accurately convey it in words. I consider seeing Star Wars for the first time to be the first major milestone in my life, and still rivaled only by hearing the Beatles for the first time as the most important. I am the persion I am because of the original trilogy.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by VoodooChild15
I love Star Wars too much to accurately convey it in words. I consider seeing Star Wars for the first time to be the first major milestone in my life, and still rivaled only by hearing the Beatles for the first time as the most important. I am the persion I am because of the original trilogy.

... right. i think sometimes people need to like, get over stuff that's not real. i mean hell, i like a lot of stuff but i wouldn't say hairgel makes me who i am.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Meh, I like all of them. Sure, the new ones aren't like the old, but the old are good.

And I liked th Remastered old films, I like the originals just as much, but the remasters are good too. I mean, they're the same movies with some minor CG added, PLUS a scene they didn't put in A New Hope (Han/Jabba scene w/ Boba Fett).

I just like them, they hardly ever get old.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Hairgel doesn't have anything in it about morality or the strength of the human spirit or the deceptive nature of evil. Just because the story didn't literally happen doesn't mean there isn't truth to be found within it. Star Wars is modern mythology.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I loved the original 3. I didn't like The Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones very much. But I really liked Revenge Of the Sith. And replying to giveitanime87 I remember that huge resurgance in popularity. I had a friend who bought the trilogy box set that had the first 3 movies on VHS and we watched all three of them in one day.
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
... right. i think sometimes people need to like, get over stuff that's not real. i mean hell, i like a lot of stuff but i wouldn't say hairgel makes me who i am.

Seriosuly, you're cool and all, I've seen you around a little, but what are we supposed to hold on to?

Faith? There's a chance that religion isn't even real. It COULd be an elaborate tale, just likeany novel or movie.

Family? Sorry to tell you, but family members die. I love almost all of my family, and I always will, but you can't expect to be able to hold on to them forever.

The only thing that can have a prolonged hold on someone is fiction, because it's far more grand than real life, most times, and it can never really die.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Derigiberble
Anyone else love the original 3 films, and I don't mean the crappy remasters, I mean the ORIGINAL films.

I can't stand the new films, they all suck so much, and even the old films remastered are shit.

Anyone else love the original films?

I'd have to agree with you. And this isn't the standard "Oh yeah, the classics are always better" that most assholes say. The old films just had something really cool to them, ya know? They had a very epic feeling and a sense of adventure. It wasn't created to be a #1 epic blockbuster hit, but it turned out that way anyway because it was just so good.

That's the thing I love about older movies (pre-nineties). Nowadays every ****ing director is trying to create a masterpiece with some kind of deep plot and the end product is a piece of shit.

I've watched so many "cheesy" 80's films and they're so ****ing awesome, especially the sci-fi films. The characters are much more developed and there's a much more realistic and adventurous sense to the films.

It seems like all art forms become corrupted and shitty over time.

Just kidding!
I grew up with those movies.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
Love the orginals, I also like the new ones, but the orginals are epics.

*Points at sig* If anyone's interested...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by fallenangel20
Seriosuly, you're cool and all, I've seen you around a little, but what are we supposed to hold on to?

Faith? There's a chance that religion isn't even real. It COULd be an elaborate tale, just likeany novel or movie.

Family? Sorry to tell you, but family members die. I love almost all of my family, and I always will, but you can't expect to be able to hold on to them forever.

The only thing that can have a prolonged hold on someone is fiction, because it's far more grand than real life, most times, and it can never really die.

Fallenangel, I love you like an Emo loves his razorblade.
I love the original trilogy, and with the release of the Episode 3, I can appreciate the "prequel" trilogy - it just starts a little slow, but builds up really well.

I'm kind of mixed on the remastered originals though. When they first came out, I loved them (I was 14), because the SFX were so much better, but when I re-watched the originals, I found I much prefered them

But yeah, Star Warsis great
I generally disagree with CGI being used along with live filming. I think it totally ruins films. I can't stand the 3 new films, I just find them boring and to be honest, they depict everything I hate about modern cinema. Everything's too easy now, because you can just do it with a computer. I want a puppet playing Yoda, not a computer design.

The only thing he should have ever done to the original 3 films was clean up the picture and sound.
Quote by CornLord

For me, love is an understatement. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve Star Wars.

I used to collect those action figures like mad. I loved going to the store with my mom when I was 11, 12 and seeing if they had in a new shipment of characters. I believe the last time I counted (a couple years back), I had around 300 figures. I would save my allowance for weeks, then go on a big shopping spree and just stockpile them. I still have every one of them, along with the ships and other collectibles. I plan on hanging onto them.

The originals are untouchable. And I did enjoy the Special Editions, mainly just for the fact that it gave me the opportunity to experience the original trilogy on the big screen. I believe Return of the Jedi is my favorite, but it's like choosing between three of my children (if I had children, haha).

Episode I was a kiddie flick. I'm ashamed of that film. It's the only one that I don't own on DVD. I have it on VHS...somewhere. I haven't watched that chapter since not long after it became available on video. I thought it was cool when it came out. The reason being that I was 13. The other two prequels were much better, but still couldn't hold a candle to the originals.

I found it funny (and a relief) that ol' George greatly reduced Jar Jar's screen time in episodes II and III. I'm guessing he took a hint from the tons of hate mail that undoubtedly poured in after Episode I.

This just reminded me: I need to re-install my Star Wars Galaxies game, since I can afford to have an account now. Yay!
Quote by rocktolive
One time, I swear my PB&J sandwich talked to me... maybe it was food poisoning?
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
Fallenangel, I love you like an Emo loves his razorblade.

DAMMIT! That's sig worthy...but no room...and mu sig's huge as it is....

But thanks.

And skin_knee, I agree. My childhood was centered around Star Wars and fantsaical (is this even a word?) things.

if all else failed at recess, Star Wars was played. I knoew the actors names (kinda rare for a 1st grader and such. I knew a kid a few years back when he was in 4th grade and he had no idea who Tom Hanks was.... ), I knew the ships, the planets, it made me, me.

It sounds corny, but fiction has really formed me. I'm not loved by all, but I'm equally loved by the other half, so I can't complain.

It also has to do with my musical tastes. I grew up listenint to John Williams and rock, so it was kinda obvious for me to be into more progressive music. It's insane.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20

Harsh but true man.
The Battle of Hoth and Endor ftw!
Quote by skin_knee

This just reminded me: I need to re-install my Star Wars Galaxies game, since I can afford to have an account now. Yay!

Good luck playing with all of the 2 people that probably still play, EVERYBODY hates that game, they ruined it.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
I think the most recent one is the worst one of the 6... I don't know why everyone loves it so much.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
I love all the films, old and new.

I just got the original three on DVD for Christmas. I hadn't seen them in a long time. It's good to watch them again.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Is it just me, or does anyone else IMMEADIETLY think of start thinking of Star Wars when they see:

The letters TK, followed by numbers? (TK-421)
The numbers 1138?
or hear "I have a bad feeling about this"?

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by trey-col89
I think the most recent one is the worst one of the 6... I don't know why everyone loves it so much.

One word: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Haha, that was ripped off of episode 5....

Seriously though, I used to own the originals (before they remastered), and I frickin' lost the tapes in an unforturnate smelting accident!!!! I was so pissed and still am to this day. Of course, I own the remasters now but not without protest.
Last edited by pyrochris at Jan 7, 2007,
the old ones are classic, i hate episode 1 so much though! the other prequels are good though
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Episode I is....meh. The only reason I let it live is because it bring Anakin into the mix, has the whol Qui Gon telling Obi Wan to watch Luke deal, the Podrace, and Darth Maul (who really had no relevance to the story, but it was a pretty good fight).

Saxo-Walrus

I don't watch any of the new ones. I won't even watch the remastered films. They represent everything evil about cinema.
Quote by CornLord

I like them. But they do have their faults. It's true to say Star Wars is science fiction without the science - it's more of a fantasy set in space. There's some classic action though.
The original trilogy rocks, if anyone is interested in reading some of the expanded books i reccomend, The Grand Admiral Thrawn Trilogy, the Dark Empire Trilogy, The New Jedi Order and the Legacy of the Force for some of the best.
dude, episode 3 was awesome! how can you call it crap?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
dude, episode 3 was awesome! how can you call it crap?

Anakin chokes padme hurting her when his reason for going dark was to protect her, his actions in harming padme eliminated the reason he had for going dark and therefore destroyed any plot the film may have had, It was just CGI, and lightsabres with a weak plot. Also Palpatine gave a major Paedo vibe.
Page 1 of 2