hey,

theres a school gig coming up and my band decided to play a couple of songs that i havnt heard before. and listening to them, i will need a floyd rose to pull off the solos.

before i knew about this i went and bought a epi les paul with christmas money, and i love it. so now i am willing to get £100 - £150 out the bank to get a cheap guitar with a floyd trem that i cann sell straight after

any suggestions?
Well first off, there aren't many songs recorded with whammy that can't do without. Bends and slides can substitute for most, and in most cases whammy aren't necessary anyway. A floyd guitar for 100 quid will probably go out of tune the first time you touch the whammy anyway, or at least most of them will, so meh. Imo you're better off trying to do without it.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Buy a digitech Whammy,

It's about the same price, but much better.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
a guitar is for life not just the gig. lol. get a whammy fitted 2 ur guitar. or just dont play the songs.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Vintage metal axxe something. Decent enough for the price. Don't expect brilliance though.

Couldn't you borrow a guitar?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Buy a digitech Whammy,

my thoughts exactly...
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Fender Custom Telecaster HH Flamed Maple Top

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Digitech Distortion Factory

Pianists F.T.W.
Borrowing someone else guitar would be an idea, also if any local guitar shops let you rent out a guitar with a floyd that would be good, but i suggest a cheap jackson, ibanez or something that'd be a good idea.
Buy a digitech Whammy,

And also completely different
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
or alternatively, tell your band to stfu and play something your guitar is sutible for...
I'd stay away from low end jacksons. the fret access is horrible and the floyds are really stiff.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Get a Digitech Whammy pedal. Then you can set it for what you need and use it with your Epi instead of folking out money for a cheapy Floyd trem that will crap out after you pull of a huge divebomb.
I wouldn't buy a guitar for one gig. I agree with South-Of-Heaven. A guitar is for life not a one night stand.
The Kingdom of Salvation is lost
and I am left in the holocaust
Of deceit and lies
people say while looking in my eyes
Maybe they lie to fill the hole
left by the vacancy of their souls
For a man can only lie
after his soul has died.
Quote by steven seagull
And also completely different

Agreed.

Two step elmination process here:
1. Are you covering a Slayer song or something that uses a floyd a ridiculous amount?
2. Borrow a guitar if so, I would not throw $200 out for one show.