I just got a new mex strat but it just keeps going out of tune.

I was thinking the tremolo springs could be tightened because bridge comes up a little.
Could this be the problem?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Silly Mexicans, strats are for Americans!

uhh yeah probly teh springs
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
I'd suggest buying new tuners for them. Grover tuners are great, and they're only roughly $40. They'll keep your Strat in tune!

But yes, a properly set up bridge can cure your tuning problems, yet new tuners won't hurt! The tuners on the Mexi's aren't THAT great.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
try tightening the screws on the actual tuner knobs.
stretch out the strings(if they're new)
my strat needed extra springs for the bridge so you should check into that
did you buy it online? if so it definantly needs a set up because they definantly need a set up so that the bridge sits flush with the guitar
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100

flip the guitar over. tighten the springs in there until the bridge stays level for u. if u need more help add more springs.
if ur bridge lifts it wont stay in tune.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011