I'm selling a marshall MG100DFX for hopefull £250 if not £200 then I'm going to try for some money off my dad.

Anyway I'll have about £350-£400.

With this, I can afford the Marshall DSL401 (I think its 401. . .)
a Peavy Valveking
A laney VC amp

I can't decide, I've heard great news about all of them.

As of next monday (hopefully) my Ibanez S470 will be here (its taken a month to sort it >_< but at the mo I play a dean baby V, I play a BOSS DS-1, a Behringer Vintage Distortion, and a Marshall BB-II overdrive.

I mainly play shred (Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John petrucci sort of stuff) metal (Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Iron Maiden) Blues (Stevie Ray Vaughan, Rory Gallagher, Hendrix) Classic Rock (David Lee Roth, Thin Lizzy, Ted Nugent) and some punk (the Ramones, Murderdolls, Anti Flag)

Thats in order of prioty I Shred is my main prioty Punk is the one that doesnt matter at all.

So which out of those three or is there any good Tube amps out there for that price i haven't listed?
well maybe you should try them all first...
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
DSL401's are a bit more than 350-400. So you'll have to save a bit more.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
^^O ya i forgot that they go cheaper in England. I was expecting it to be 500 pounds since its about 1000 USD
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Well the Dsl can do Thrash and metal so a certain extent like.. It can do megadeth and all those bands after Vai and Petrucci... |They have pretty unique tone like...
Well going by what the other guys have said, I'd go for the DSL and buy an OD pedal to push it a bit more. Or a distortion pedal, if you just want to run it through the clean channel.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
A used Marshall JCM900 maybe? With an OD of course, but don't take that as a definate amp for all your styles.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
DSLs are great amps and that but they are not the greatest if yo can get a jcm800 or 900 id recomend it more but the dsl is a good choice i got mine for £309