Hi UG,

My Birthday is coming up and I thought I'd treat myself with a new guitar. I'm pretty much just playing metal, with some rock in it, and I need a guitar that can handle those genres well. Versatility would be nice although my main concern is that it handles distortion well.

So, I've been looking around and found some nice guitars. I looked at the Ibanez RG1570. It looks really nice although I'm not sure if I'll be using the tremolo. I guess it's a nice thing to have and play around with, but I've also heard it can be a bitch to tune and whatnot.

So looking at non-trem guitars I've played the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 which was really nice and had a killer tone. Only I like the Wizard necks on the Ibanez better than the neck on this.

Staying with Schecter, the Hellraiser Avenger looked really nice. I like the looks better than the C-1's. I haven't tried this yet, but it seems pretty similar to the C-1, and at the same price.

Back to Ibanez, non-trem this time, I really like the feel of the RGA121 but it looks kinda plain, and i don't know how it compares soundwise to the Schecters. I just really like the neck of it.

My question is, what would suit me? Are these my best bets or should I be looking into other brands? Bear in mind, I live in Denmark so Deans, Carvins, Kramers and whatever is out of my range.

Thanks for reading and replying,
You pal Lord Jesus
the hellraisers are very good for the money , the pickups are definitly better then the ibanez stock ones. you can also try Washburn X50PROFE for another guitar with EMGs and no-trem to try a different neck.
look at the c-1fr hellraiser. damn good buy there.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
^Ignore him.

Pierce is right, those are all nice choices, but we need to know your amp.
If I was you I'd go for a Hellraiser, but then again I'm not a trem player. We STILL need to know your amp dude.
The Kingdom of Salvation is lost
and I am left in the holocaust
Of deceit and lies
people say while looking in my eyes
Maybe they lie to fill the hole
left by the vacancy of their souls
For a man can only lie
after his soul has died.
Ok, ampwise, there's not much to come for. Right now i mainly get my sound from the Line 6 GuitarPort, and the amp I've got is the Marshall MG15CD. I know, those are very bad, but I'm also planning on buying a new amp, I just thought I'd get the guitar first. I really want a high gain tube amp, so I've been looking at some Engls, although I didn't like them very much, the Peavey 6505, the Marshall DSL401, and the Peavey Valveking which looks extremely cheap compared to the others but I have yet to play it.
hey m8 i got the ibanez rga121, its absulute ownage buy buy buy! looks nicest in naturaly flat, the tones killer and it has a 5 way selector coz the pickups can be put into single coil mode. if ya think its plain then u could get a paint job i suppose, but its still super sexy.look at it here c how sesxy it is also the bridge is awsom i love it!
ibanez rga121 ntf prestige
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Last edited by rockon200 at Jan 7, 2007,
That's really not a good picture of it... It looks better on the ibanez site. But anyway, I really like the shape of the avenger and I like the guitar black and glossy (in this case, anyway).
hmm,the ibanez has a really thin fast wizard pro neck wich ever1 knows are awsom, the bridge stays in tune really well, seriosly if u buy it u wont be disapointed.
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Quote by rockon200
hmm,the ibanez has a really thin fast wizard pro neck wich ever1 knows are awsom, the bridge stays in tune really well, seriosly if u buy it u wont be disapointed.

I agree, Ibanez has the thinest neck on any guitars. But I would go with the hellraiser in this case.
:O lol, well i sopose u should really go to a shop and try them out coz i mean thats what i did..
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
I suggest upgrading the amp. You should have your amp cost from 100% or higher than your guitar. They are the ones that makes up the sound. It can make the crappiest guitar in the world sound like a thousand dollar guitar (ok maybe thats an overstatement but you get the picture)
I have to agree with an IBanez RG, they are quality rock guitars for not too much money.
Possibly look at ja few jacksons to see if you like them.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
he's already planing on getting a new amp , and getting the guitar first is a good idea since then he can take it to try out amps and make a better choice of what'll be right for him
Okay, no matter what I'm getting the guitar before the amp. I don't care how good the tone is when the guitar I have is crap to play. And people seem to be recommending the Ibanez RG. My two issues with that is the tremolo which I don't think I'll be using and seeing as I want to be able to go to drop tunings quick, a locking trem probably isn't the best, and I don't like the paint job on the RG1570. I'm pretty sure my new guitar won't have a floating trem so unless the RG1570 is so much better than the rest, it will be considered an outsider.
just some options maybe look into some esp. but i would get the hell raiser if it was my option.
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh
don't stick your penis in it

MY RIG!
Kramer Striker Custom FR-424 CM
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Johnson Electric Acoustic
Zoom GFX-1 Multi Effect pedal
Randall RX25
Behringer Distortion Pedal