I can't figure out what guitar is this.

I bought it at GC (it was used, has a lot of dings). The price was set to $350, but I made the guy sell for $275. I bought it because I just looked at the bridge and I saw that it looks like a Edge Pro bridge... And another thing was the neck quality of the wood, very good! Plus, it was made in Japan. So I thought it was like a RG 550 or 570. But they got a plate where the neck joins the body, and this one doesn't.

The hardware is like a chrome/gray color, and pickups are V7, S1, V8

So do you guys know what guitar is this?

(Should say Licensed Under Floyd Rose Patente on the above picture)

On the back of the neck it only has the serial number and Japan.
Its an RG570 with an original edge tremolo (great trem btw). All ibanez rg's had all access neck joints after 1993. This one looks to be a late 90s or possible early 00's (before prestige) model due to the superwizard neck (same dimensions as original wizard but 3 pc with a skunk stripe).

Very nice guitar BTW!

Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Last edited by ScottishAngus at Jan 7, 2007,
Also just to add, The RG570 and RG550 are identical apart the fact that the rg550's electronics is mounted on a pickguard while the RG570 is rear routed. Also RG550s usually have maple fretboards, while RG570s usually have rosewood fretboards but there are exceptions to that rule(there is rg550s with rosewood boards and vice versa).
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by TJM2482
I just saw you post this on the Ibanez forum

Shhhh =x

So I guess I just bought a RG 570 for $275... =O
Damn, thats a nice deal!

I just gotta clean it and contact a luthier too see if he can get the paint job back to what it was... Because it has lots of dings around the body =(

Anybody know where can I search for a good luthier because I don't wanna go to GC.. They might over charge, idk.

:P
Just out of interest, could you post the serial number? Tell you what year it was made...
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
its a rg570 and my rg570 dosent have a plate were the neck joins the body?
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Quote by chris24789
its a rg570 and my rg570 dosent have a plate were the neck joins the body?

Explained above. Yours has an AANJ (All Access Neck Joint). This one does too. Nothing to worry about.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
Just out of interest, could you post the serial number? Tell you what year it was made...

Thanks man, I forgot about that detail =)~

Here it is: F0028794

My guess is either 2000, 1987 or 1994! lol
But since you know what it is... I am all ears! Or eyes... -_-

Thanks again for the help! =)
Well, the fact that it's an F followed by 7 numbers tells me that it's a post 1997 model, namely the 28794th guitar made in the Fujigen plant in Japan in the year 2000.

Click.
Dear lord I'm jealous. Nice find.

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by FretboardToAsh
270's ain't made in japan

yes, i should have read the original post before replying shouldn't i...
Very nice find! That's the good thing about GC, whenever they get older Ibanez guitars in, they really don't have any idea what they have and you can pick them up for a steal. Nice 570. Like mentioned, 550's have a maple fretboard and a pickguard. 570's don't have a pickguard and have rosewood fretboards. I was looking for 550's and 570's recently. Found a few 570's with the contoured neck joint, nice touch for a bit more access to the upper frets. Any ideas on a new finish?
Quote by pinoyplaya
When you fix it, paint job and stuff like such, post a pic so we can see what you did with it

Will do!

I just don't know how/where to find a luthier. I think GC might overcharge the stuff they do like repairs...

Can anybody tell me how to find a luthier in my city? =\
I tried google'ing it but didn't work =(
What price range should this guitar be if I sell it?

Not saying that I will see it though...
Well to be honest, you got robbed, it's worth about 175$ at the very most, but since I'm a nice guy, I'll take it off your hands for 250$, clean and clear...............................
Quote by 1fine69
Well to be honest, you got robbed, it's worth about 175$ at the very most, but since I'm a nice guy, I'll take it off your hands for 250$, clean and clear...............................

Sure dude, just make the deposit on my PayPal account and wait for the guitar...

Just wait for it okay?
Quote by HeadacheBR
Will do!

I just don't know how/where to find a luthier. I think GC might overcharge the stuff they do like repairs...

Can anybody tell me how to find a luthier in my city? =\
I tried google'ing it but didn't work =(

Lol you might start by telling us where "my city" is.
Right... Well it's Laurel, MD

But I doubt anybody is from here... I just wanna know how to find one =\
By ANY chance, did you buy that at GC in Glen Burnie?!

If so, I was very close on buying the same thing, but the chip on the body which someone failed miserably to glue on perfectly turned me off. It's a great guitar though. But if you're looking for a Luthier, if you go down Ritchie Highway past guitar center towards brooklyn park (assuming that's where you got it, becuase the guitar was priced at 350) you'll find Rosso's Music Center on your left a few miles later. I heard there was an excellent Luthier there.

By the way, I live in MD too
Last edited by ssguitarhero111 at Jan 8, 2007,
Quote by ssguitarhero111
By ANY chance, did you buy that at GC in Glen Burnie?!

If so, I was very close on buying the same thing, but the chip on the body which someone failed miserably to glue on perfectly turned me off. It's a great guitar though. But if you're looking for a Luthier, if you go down Ritchie Highway past guitar center towards brooklyn park (assuming that's where you got it, becuase the guitar was priced at 350) you'll find Rosso's Music Center on your left a few miles later. I heard there was an excellent Luthier there.

By the way, I live in MD too

Omg.. I am amazed..! ROFL

That was the place, and yes, that was the guitar! :P

Awesome! I will try to get their number and see if they do repairs and such.

Thanks a lot man!
Who gives a rats 'o' about the paint when you got a deal like that. can you post some pics of the problem areas so we might comment.
you may be able to color match, with one of those car detailing paint (the ones in little bottles with like nail polish applicator) only trick to using these is to warm up both the guitar & the paint (so they are warm to the touch) [1/2 hour in a smallish room with the heater going would do it] then apply slow even strokes, let dry (5 mins > 10mins) re-apply till the chip is overfull slightly this gives you a buffing surface to smooth when totally dry (1 > 2 days, @ approx 70 F) this isnt as critical as i make it sound , just i live in Australia & it is summer, so dont know about you.

Lucky bludger gr8 deal
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!