i have been playing guitar for about 2 years now and i have never once been bothered to learn chords, but i want to learn songs by oasis and basically all of them consist of chords,so i have decided to learn some of the basic chords,does any one no any easy song with chords so i may practice and then one day be able to play songs by oasis. (no songs which need a capo i havnt brought one yet!) thanks!
" im so happy coz today i've found my friends in my head"
2 Years and no chords? lol Well just learn the basic chords and just practice strumming them and make up your own stuff...Then practice making melodys just picking around with different chords, Its really basic easy stuff
And as the walls come down, and as I look in your eyes
my fear begins to fade, recalling all of the times
I have died, and will die.
It's all right. I don't mind.
Try Hotel California - Eagles. It's a good one with some barre and open chords, good for begginers
Quote by TooLateForRoses
"My anus is bleeding uncontrollably, what should I do?

Quote by GuitarNinja12
I have a Fender DVD and theres a tour of the Factory in California that makes American Strats. All of the employees were mexican. So American Strats are also Mexican Strats.
i didnt need any critisism i can play chords just not as good as i want to...and thanks to the people who suggested stuff and didnt critise!
" im so happy coz today i've found my friends in my head"
http://www.heartwoodguitar.com/Guitar%20Music%20for%20Web/McLean,%20Don%20-%20American%20Pie.htm

if you learn to do this right, you not only will be able to play most songs more easily, but you will also be able to play with other people. from personal experience its a lot easier to learn to do it right than wrong.

wrong way:
learn a simple strumming pattern, cut it in half and thats the half strumming pattern. now whenever you need to play half a measure you just use that halfed strumming pattern. what that happens with this is that its very easy to fall off beat.

right way: start off without any song. just play a simple chord (lessons for this are very easy to find) and play a down rest down up rest up down up pattern. this pattern works with almost every song. if you only master one pattern it should be that one. the important thing with this is that you have to tap your feet on every down beat, whether you hit the strings or not. also you have to make sure that your hand keeps moving the whole time, and on the rests you just don't hit the strings.

after you have the beat down start playing american pie. that page says when you should do half a measure and when you should do a full measure.

thats about it. another good one to go onto next is breakfast at tiffany's (its D full measure, A and G each half, repeat 4 times. then D full measure G and A each half)

make sure that you don't become a machine when you are doing this. don't forget that this is music. if you mess up as long as you're moving your arm like a pendulum it doesn't sound like a mess up. and as long as you don't become a machine and concentrate on having your foot keep the rythm, you can play Oasis songs w/o a problem.
Like people have said, oasis is great for chords and i found that rolling stones stuff is really useful especially for barre chords. Also when learning a song, look more towards the rythym side rather than learning the leads.
You should learn some Radiohead stuff like; Karma Polica, Lucky, High And Dry.
Quote by trivium200
i have been playing guitar for about 2 years now and i have never once been bothered to learn chords, but i want to learn songs by oasis and basically all of them consist of chords,so i have decided to learn some of the basic chords,does any one no any easy song with chords so i may practice and then one day be able to play songs by oasis. (no songs which need a capo i havnt brought one yet!) thanks!

1) What have you been playing for 2 years if you've avoided chords?

2) You can play songs that need a capo in the open position, they'll just sound a bit lower in pitch (deeper, more bassy) than they should(EG, Oasis - Wonderwall)

3) Some easy chord-using songs to start with

Kumbaya (yeah I know, but it's easy)
Oasis - Wonderwall
Green Day - Time of Your Life
Radiohead - Street Spirit (you don't have to figure out the fingerpicking because you can just strum it instead)

Some of them technically have non-beginner chords in them (Time of your Life and Wonderwall) but when you get down to play them they're very very easy in the context of the individual songs

Once you've got them down

Animals - House of the Rising Sun (Introducing the F chord)
Counting Crows - Mr Jones (Includes F and Dm)
Quote by zeroconsequence
Remember, paitence is a virtue...seesucker is a fabric. Now make me breakfast.
Where Is My Mind-The Pixies

make sure to use the full chords, using all your fingers.
its an easy song.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Knocking One Heavens Door-Bob Dylan
Hotel California-The Eagles
Most Beatles Music
Free Bird-Lynard Skynard
Dream On-Aerosmith also has some pretty weird dissonent and minor chords