Who here likes band of brothers?

I have been watching all the episodes on history channel this weekend, the shit those guys had to go through was unbelievable.

For those of you who don't know, its about the Easy Company, a US Airborne Squad, and everything they did during WWII. I think how everything was put together is insanely good and its probably one of the best war movies/series of all time.

Discuss.
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
Last edited by RyanInChains9 at Jan 7, 2007,
It really is a great series. They depict what Easy Company had to go through very well.
It's awesome, I love it
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
it's amazing to say the least.

i've had the entire thing on dvd for a while now.

some of the best stuff i've ever watched.
I love the carentan scene, because if you have ever played CoD or CoD 2, they depict that map PERFECTLY. They took that scene and put it into the game amazingly.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
Quote by RyanInChains9

I have been watching all the episodes on history channel this weekend, the shit those guys had to go through was unbelievable.

For those of you who don't know, its about the Easy Company, a US Airborne Ranger Squad, and everything they did during WWII. I think how everything was put together is insanely good and its probably one of the best war movies/series of all time.

Discuss.

They werent airborne rangers, just normal airborne soldiers. I dont think they had airborne rangers yet back then because rangers were also new.

But yeah it friggin rocks, I just got it for chrismas and now its all over TV, nuts.
probably my favourite ever tv series. bastogne (or however its spelled) must have been hell.
It's an awesome series. I just wish there were more of them.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by GiggityTar
They werent airborne rangers, just normal airborne soldiers. I dont think they had airborne rangers yet back then because rangers were also new.

But yeah it friggin rocks, I just got it for chrismas and now its all over TV, nuts.

my bad, I musta been thinking of my brother cause he was in the rangers back in the 90s.

thanks for the correction

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Quote by RyanInChains9
I love the carentan scene, because if you have ever played CoD or CoD 2, they depict that map PERFECTLY. They took that scene and put it into the game amazingly.

you mean the one where they destroy the artillery canons?

and i downloaded them and finished watching em 2 days ago
it's the most amazing series that i ever seen. awesome, amazing, gorgeous, beautiful. no way to describe it.
and the makers of it, are making one about the war in the pacific ocean. it's gonna be ready in the 2009.
i cried when one of the real soldiers at the end says (spoiler):
my grandson asked me if i were a hero in the war. i said no, but that i fought in a band of heroes.
or something like that.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I gotta say, i watered up alittle during the episode with the concentration camp.
Quote by Kemp
I gotta say, i watered up alittle during the episode with the concentration camp.

which one is that, I don't think I've seen that one.

Part 7 is on now

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
oh sweetness, I'll have to watch that one.

thanks.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Quote by steee21
Amazing. I watched them ages ago and got the DVD set for Christmas. Huzzah!

Best bit is Lieutenant Speirs' run in Foy.

Speirs, Winters and Doc are my favourite characters throughout the series.
Gibson Les Paul Classic w/Stetsbar
Fender MIM Strat w/ EMG DG20 System
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Memory Boy
Maxon OD9
EHX Big Muff
Vox Wah
EHX POG
Quote by RyanInChains9

For those of you who don't know, its about the Easy Company, a US Airborne Squad, and everything they did during WWII. I think how everything was put together is insanely good and its probably one of the best war movies/series of all time.

Discuss.

tis amazing

cept its about 7 years old now i think ........click here for every band of brothers episode
^6 I think... didn't it start in 2001? I love the series, I think it's amazing. I love when the two guys, the one with the bazooka and the guy loading it are shooting at the tanks, and the tanks are getting closer and he fires, misses and the loader goes "I always knew you'd get me killed!" But then they blow up the tank and a great Huzzah! arises from them.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Dude, Band of Brothers is absolutely amazing. I have the whole set. I got it back when it had first came out on DVD. I loved that show. I used to be totally into the whole WWII thing, then I just kind of lost interest. I wish I hadn't.
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
that concentration camp episode was....

wow.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I remember when it first came out, used to watch it every week. Tom Hanks is an amazing director.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
It's a great series. I own the whole thing on DVD

I love Winters. He is such an interesting character.
Quote by CowboyUp
It's a great series. I own the whole thing on DVD

I love Winters. He is such an interesting character.

i love the one fight, where he tosses the red smoke grenade, then rushes before everyone else and fights like 200 guys by himself before his cover gets there.

So ballsy.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Amazing show. It's sad that it was only one season.

They should make episodes about companys in Japan or of the Russian/German conflict.

You never hear too much of those storys. =/
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Truly a great series, when my dad was away on courses and what not for the military, he would watch the whole series almost every Saturday night.
yeah it's a pretty gnarly series. those old guys are hardcore.
Co-President of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Me, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.
Quote by Nelsean
Amazing show. It's sad that it was only one season.

They should make episodes about companys in Japan or of the Russian/German conflict.

You never hear too much of those storys. =/

A Japanese season is in the works by Spielberg and Hanks. Then again, they've been working on it for about 2-3 years now so it could just be rumor.
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
Bands of Brothers? well, Alex and Eddie Van Halen were in a band, they were cool. Dimebag and Vinnie Paul Abbott, Pantera and DAmageplan, Awesome.
Can't think of any more, but yeah, they're okay.

EDIT: Dammit, now I read the first post, I have no idea what he's talking about.