a few days ago i bought the cubase software and i desperatly need to find how to create a drum beat to accompany my guitar parts (which i havnt yet recorded LOL.) can anyone help me out? im searching through the help files atm but i still cant find it.

thanks.

Jammin.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Draw a bar or two.
Change the drum map to GM map or something.
Change the channel to 10.
Then double click on the bar you drew
Double click the bar you drew
Edit the drums using drum editor

Or use your keyboard to program them in
thanks alot il try that.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

hmm how do you draw a bar?
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

Didnt u get a drum machine plug-in with cubase? you usually do. Goto instrument -> VST instruments -> select the drum machine in whatever channel u want.
Once u've done that, create new MIDI track, select the drum machine in the output for the track, use ur pencil or arrow tool and select 1 or 2 or whatever bar of track with it. (click and drag). Double click on the selected region to enter the edit mode where u can select the beats/keys.
Thats how i do it on cubase-sx.. i guess cubase LE should be pretty much the same!
Hope that helps.

If you dont have a drum machine, i advise u to get Battery by Native Instruments cuz thats the best one out there. Almost all the hip-hop/RnB producers use Battery for their beats.
and whats a drum map?
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

no i didnt, i did get this other piece of software included too called gigastudio 3.0, i havnt bothered installing it yet do i need to?
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

ive found the gm map but it still doesnt work
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

you need drum vst plug-ins to generate yer drum sounds. once u've downloaded the plugin, follow what i described u to do in my earlier post. it should work!
aha ive found it thanks, theres this little keboard thing n im just making my own beat now :P thanks alot guys.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

haha thats funny, cos the guy at the shop told me cubase was the easiest recording software to use! :P
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

Quote by jammin24
haha thats funny, cos the guy at the shop told me cubase was the easiest recording software to use! :P

It was also probably the most expensive? I don't really like Cubase all that much. I wish you could record onto Reason though...
the software was included with my recording interface which was pretty good i recomend it. TASCAM US-122L.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

Cubase is the best audio recording, mixing and editing software out there. Its editing capabilities with MIDI are awesome. No other software gets close when it comes to recording MIDI tracks.

and Protools is the only industry standard recording, mixing and mastering software out there.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Cubase is the best audio recording, mixing and editing software out there. Its editing capabilities with MIDI are awesome. No other software gets close when it comes to recording MIDI tracks.

and Protools is the only industry standard recording, mixing and mastering software out there.

You need to try some other programs, Cubase is decent, but I don't think it's the best.
There is no other program that can edit MIDI as good as cubase. Its a lot complicated to learn how to use cubase to even 10% of what it can do. But once you do learn, it works wonders!

I know that cuz i'm studying soundengineering. I work with softwares like protools, cubase and reason all the time.
And if you're looking for audio editing and mastering, sound forge by sony is one of the best audio editing and mastering software out there.
Quote by af_the_fragile
There is no other program that can edit MIDI as good as cubase. Its a lot complicated to learn how to use cubase to even 10% of what it can do. But once you do learn, it works wonders!

I know that cuz i'm studying soundengineering. I work with softwares like protools, cubase and reason all the time.
And if you're looking for audio editing and mastering, sound forge by sony is one of the best audio editing and mastering software out there.

You're not the only one in the know

I've owned all the versions of SX and SE since they started and I must say, I wasn't as impressed as most people seem to be. Maybe I'm just hard to please.
i myself prefer protools to cubase... i feel cubase is a lil messy to use and i like the whole conventional setup of protools. I find it more straight forward to use. although the more advanced stuff in protools is pretty tricky.
Quote by af_the_fragile
i myself prefer protools to cubase... i feel cubase is a lil messy to use and i like the whole conventional setup of protools. I find it more straight forward to use. although the more advanced stuff in protools is pretty tricky.

Protools owns. End of.
yeah once you get the hang of it its quite quick. thanks people
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

hey guys i have another problem when audio mixing to export my music file, it misses out my drums, how can i stop this?!
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

anyone?
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

midi needs to be converted to wav or similar before it can be exported.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
how do i do that?!
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

hey sorry to bring this thread up again but i need to know how to mixdown my song correctly, it keeps saying i need to change the midi files. How do i do this? thanks
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

anyone? please? i need help!

THANKS
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

Last edited by jammin24 at Jan 15, 2007,