i just got a capo (mainly so i can play that's entertainment by the jam) and i'd like to know some more songs that i can use the capo on.

also, when tab says capo 3rd fret or whatever, does that mean that the tab then corresponds to the new key or the original one (i.e. 5:15 by the who)

thanks to anyone who can help me out
yes. its to the key. if you capo on the 3rd. then the 4th is fret 1. the 5th fret is the 2nd. so on and so forth.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Check out Freshmen by The Verve Pipe. It's a slow, poppy song, and I believe it uses one.
be yourself - audioslave
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
a lot of oasis songs. wonderwall, all my people right here right now, lyla and some others. also america by razorlight. jumping jack flash by the rolling stones. theres quite a few

also im not quiter sure what you mean by the key thing.if you write a song in the key of G then play the same thing with a capo on the 2nd fret then it becomes in the scale of A. does that help?
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by AngelGC
yes. its to the key. if you capo on the 3rd. then the 4th is fret 1. the 5th fret is the 2nd. so on and so forth.

if you mean this then he is right xD
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Just a few capo songs I happen to know of... Here comes the sun - Beatles
Thirteen - Big star, A bunch of Simon and Garfunkel songs (can't remember which ones but I know alot of them use capos).
Beatles - Norwegian Wood (capo 2)
Beatles - Julia (capo 2)
Oasis - Wonderwall (capo 2)
Beatles - Here Comes the Sun (capo 7)
Beatles - Michelle (capo can't remember)
Beatles - Piggies (capo can't remember)
Arctic Monkeys - No Buses (capo 4)
Eagles - Hotel California

There's tonnes more I'm forgetting...

Also, a lot of songs that are played in church for masses use a capo (usually 3rd fret, unless you change the key).
I saw Marcus use a capo for "A Past and Future Secret" by Blind Guardian.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
I never realised how so many people could get such a simple thing as a Capo incorrect.

You can play any song with a Capo. They are used to play a song in a higher key. IE If a song is written in F and you put the Capo on the first fret, and play exactly as you did, the key will be raised to F#, and G if on the 2nd fret, and so on.

A common use is if you are playing with a vocalist who can not sing a particular song in the key you play it in. You throw the Capo on, and don't have to stress about playing in a key you are unfamiliar with.

Or if playing with an instrument not in concert pitch, IE A saxophone, Clarinet etc

There's no "Capo Songs". ALL Songs can be played with use of a Capo. A Capo is used to change the key.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Jan 9, 2007,
Thank you DJaye! You can play every song in the world with a capo if you need to - but only do it to change the key of the song to make it more comfortable or possible to sing.

Cheers
DJaye is right, but it should probably be pointed out that playing the Wonderwall riff, for example, will not sound good being played with a capo anyway. It will sound best and closest to the original using the capo at the fret it should be.

This is probably obvious but felt it should be pointed out
Actually, you can use the capo practically on any song.
That's if you wanted the pitch to be higher or lower
Quote by fru_rocks
DJaye is right, but it should probably be pointed out that playing the Wonderwall riff, for example, will not sound good being played with a capo anyway. It will sound best and closest to the original using the capo at the fret it should be.

This is probably obvious but felt it should be pointed out

Wonderwall with a Capo would sound ridiculously high, eh? Wouldn't sound nice and bass-eee as it does in concert pitch.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
^ sorry, I made a typo, what I meant was:

The Wonderwall chord riff won't sound as good or close to the original if you put the capo at say, the 7th fret rather than the 2nd