Which is best to sand a guitar with, hand sanding or a belt sander? and would i need to treat the wood or anything before priming? i'll start a separate thread on this project when i get all materials and sorts
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Definately a palm sander if your taking it to the wood. Remember if your doing one colour you don't really need to take it too the wood.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
You want to hand sand the guitar with a hard, flat backer block right before you paint. Doing it by hand has a lot of advantages over doing it with any type of machine.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
orbital sanders are nice, palm sanders still take forever. I'm talking about the square ones where you have to load paper in. orbital sanders are better imo ( the circulare sanding thingies.